1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantastic Four 60's Cartoon

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Frank Soyke, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke Supporting Actor

Frank
    This one puzzles me a little. Superhero shows are usually a slam dunk when it comes to distributors due to the ready made consumer base for this stuff, but you hear very little about this one. I don't recall any ongoing issues with Marvel Comics/Stan Lee when it comes to any distribution rights to their products and characters so there must be some other obstacle. Any ideas?

2. Regulus

Regulus Screenwriter

William Hughes
    This program has the same problem another 1960s Superhero Series has, namely "Right's Issues". Disney owns Marvel, but Warner Brothers owns Hanna-Barbera. :f

3. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

And Unfortunately since the rights are divided between two major studios the chances of it ever being released are slim to none.

4. Richard V

Richard V Screenwriter

Richard
    I DVR'ed it off Boomerang a few years ago. Copies look pretty good.

5. JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL Stunt Coordinator

Yep, I think X-Men Evolution is under a similar situation, no?

6. JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL Stunt Coordinator

And speaking of which, does Disney have to go through anyone else to FINALLY get some releases of the '80s Marvel series?

7. derosa

derosa Supporting Actor

I gave up waiting and ordered several series like the 70s Fantastic Four, Spiderman and his amazing friends, and The incredible Hulk from Amazon in the uk, and play them on my region 2 player.

8. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Stunt Coordinator

John Francis Pannozzi
    Actually, I heard the rights to that show reverted to Disney/Marvel two years ago. Unfortunately, Disney/Marvel doesn't seem to have much interest in releasing more of their older cartoons on DVD stateside at the moment. Anyone else wish that WB would trade Disney/Marvel the rights to the 60's FF cartoon (and their stake in the 2000's FF cartoon) in exchange for the rights to the Gen 13 animated movie?