What's new

Fantastic Four: 2005 movie! info and coverart! (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the awesome site of dvdanswers has the coverart and info about the F4 movie starring Jessica Alba.
I have heard the release date of both december 6th and december 13 for this release.

there has been news about a extended edition of F4 later next year! in the meantime.

JACOB

Further Details
Fox Home Entertainment has today revealed the street date for Fantastic Four which stars Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba and Chris Evans. The film will be available to own in seperate anamorphic widescreen, and full screen releases from the 13th December this year. Each should set you back around $27.95. Both will include English Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 tracks, along with a cast commentary, three deleted scenes, an exclusive look behind the scenes with the cast, a Making of Fantastic Four featurette and a Fox Movie Channel Presents Fantastic Four "Casting Session" and "Making a Scene". Completing the package will be two music videos (Everything Burns and Come On Come In), a soundtrack spot, an inside look at X-Men 3, a theatrical trailer and the Marvel Avengers trailer. We've attached artwork below:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...7383&n=1&burl=

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Looks like a fun family style movie. I plan on a blind buy. Thanks for the info Jacob. DTS, nice!

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I think its great that fox released the F4 with DTS, unlike the other popular comic book movie that was released this passed summer.

JACOB

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Fantastic Four 1.5, eh?

Or will it be an inexpensive one-discer like the DD Director's Cut? The DD Theatrical Cut 2-disc set and the DC DVD make a nice 3-disc set at a reasonable price.

X-Men just milks us. Can't believe there's going to be a X-Men 2.5 with the same cut of the movie after we got jipped out of a DC for X1. At least, we got a nice upgrade with 1.5, but the X2 set was great.

I liked FF, but maybe I should hold out for the Extended Cut this time around, especially if the double dip might be an expensive one.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
I would suggest those who care about double dips hold off from buying this release. Those are pretty thin specs for Fox's big summer movie. I bet you there is a 2 Disc Collector's Edition coming down the pike a la I Robot and The Day After Tomorrow.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, at this point, I don't think anyone should be surprised/pissed when an FF re-release happens (and they probably won't even wait for the sequel either). Something tells me people will be pissed anyway:)

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Well, if they do 4 different covers like SIN CITY, then I'll buy the Jessica Alba one for sure.

:D

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the audience seem to like it.. it was not the flopped that everyone said it would be. the less the said the better about the island and stealth.

JACOB

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
Hopefully they will announce news of the "double dip" edition before release date.........

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
dvdanswers.com has info about the 2 disc set for F4. which is coming out the same time in december as the single for UK..

JACOB

Annie G

Auditioning
My husband and I saw this together and we absolutely hated it. The audience we were with actually booed at certain points so I would not recommend a blind buy.

If a directors cut comes out some day we might rent it since we are both big FF fans.

Why? Did you see those films? I haven't seen Stealth but I really liked The Island.

WarrenL

Stunt Coordinator
I had fun watching this movie as did most of the audience. We clapped at the end and kept wanting more...so if I have to double on this one I won't mind. I think it's worth it.
From this years "blockbusters", Batman, Fantastic 4 and Star Wars are must haves.

JoeyCarr

Grip
Fantastic Four was one of my favorite movies of the summer(and year). I can't wait to see it again,and will buy this,and will double dip WHEN it comes out. I'm a sucker for certain movies :D

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I liked the Roger Corman version more. It had better casting and (according to a comic book friend) more faithfull to the comics.

Hey, maybe they'll include both versions on a deluxe edition ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks