What's new

Fantastic Columbia House deal from "Deals Page" (1 Viewer)

rodney wiley

Second Unit
I signed up on the red site yesterday and my credit card was authorized today but only for a dollar. I just hope all the movies are wide screen because it doesn't say!

RayJK

Stunt Coordinator
Ordered on the blue site Feb 7th, no emails, no confirmation and no discs. Wife signed up on the 8th, same result. Called on the 21st and CS rep said to wait another week. I'm already a music club member so I can't see what the problem is but I bet I'm screwed.

Dennis Heller

Second Unit
I got my discs from my first order (2/6) today (2/22). I'm assuming my second order (no CC info.) isn't going though. One disc I ordered (Schoolhouse Rock) wasn't available, so for some reason they sent me Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (!?). They also sent a rain check to substitute another title. I selected Gods and Monsters (normally this is around $30 alone). The other 4 discs are:

Pink Floyd The Wall
Jurassic Park dts
Memento LE
Apocalypse Now Redux

Bill Geiger

Second Unit
Don't feel bad. I ordered on the 31st of Jan, and got mine less than a week ago!

If you get charged, you will receive your DVDS. That has been my experience. Also, considering most of us here have a decent amount of films to watch, I don't think not getting 5 movies within a week or 2 is gonna kill us! :)

And as far as being charged a dollar, so was I but got it back. There are just checking to see if funds are available.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Wow, I put my order in on 2/6 and just called. They said that they don't have anything on it yet but that if I don't receive the package by 3/20 give them a call back :eek: . Wow, a month and a half processing time. This place is sloooooooow!

Jim-M

Second Unit
Wow, I put my order in on 2/6 and just called. They said that they don't have anything on it yet but that if I don't receive the package by 3/20 give them a call back . Wow, a month and a half processing time. This place is sloooooooow!
Was your order an online order where you weren't asked for your credit card #? If so, it's likely been "lost". Quite a few people have posted that they are in that situation and I haven't read a single one that said they received anything. If it was a phone order you might be OK, but I would have expected your CC to be charged by now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Columbia House charged my credit card (after reviewing my credit card statement) on an order where they didn't ask for the credit card info like the other orders in the past. But I'll have to wait a month to see how it all washes out.

Albert C

Agent
I placed my CYCD order on the WWW on Feb. 6. I was not asked for my CC. I did, however receive an email confirmation of my order.

Two weeks later, on Feb. 20, after still not having membership approval, I sent them an email reply using the original confirmation asking about the delay. I received a reply four days later from Columbia House:

"Thank you for your e-mail message. Normal processing time for new applications is three to four weeks from the receipt of the application. Due to delays which can occur, we
ask that you allow a total of six weeks for the processing of your application. Please feel free to check back with us after this time has elapsed, providing your name and complete mailing address. If we may be of further service, please let us know."

So all is not lost. Hang in there!

Albert

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
2nd order received yesterday. Recieved a 29.99 coupon a out of stock title. Any title recomendations?

Phone order made on 01/26
DVDs received on 02/25.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Well, after searching around, the red site no longer seems to acknowledge any of the 5/24.95 codes anymore (cycd, cy4d, cy5d, cy6d).

The blue site still acknowledges the cy6d code in a pop up window but it kills the CH webpage in Netscape (i.e. it comes up blank). So it would appear the only way (if possible) is to call your orders in.

It's been reported in this thread that the CSRs are saying it's not a valid code anymore. I'll probably try tomorrow calling in one more order.

On average, I got my first two orders in about three weeks from ordering to my door.

Bob

EDIT: ok, it was my downrev Netscape. Using IE, the blue site still acknowledges the cy6d code so order away! I'm going to try again before it goes away.

EDIT part 2: well, I tried getting it going on the blue site and it appears that it's not working. Trying to put items into my cart gives me a site error. Oh well, it was good while it lasted...:frowning:

Rick J

Stunt Coordinator
i'm in the almost exactly the same boat as albert. i've received 2 orders in 9-10 days each. those were both placed on the blue site and required a cc#. the other order was also placed on the blue site on 2/6 and no cc# was asked for. i've called and emailed and received the same info about processing and ahipping taking upto 6 weeks. hoping it goes through. thanks to those of you for keeping us up to date on your situations! it's nice to know what others are experiencing...rick

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
So, what was the last order placed with i=one of the 5 for $25 codes that was actually received? Was it online or by phone and did they ask for a credit card. No version of their website seems to be accepting any of the codes now.

I took advantage of the special code on 2/09/03.
On 2/10/03 I got the first email confirming my order. On 2/16/03 I got an email approving my membership, on 2/18/03 I got another email saying my DVDs were shipped. On 2/24/03 I got the DVDs, and on 2/21/03, I got an email advertising buy one at regular prices and get unlimited DVDs for 1/2 price. I have checked both the paperwork and on line and under my account it says;

"Purchase Requirements
You have completed your purchase requirements for the account corresponding to the account number above. You now enjoy our best benefits as a Preferred Member."

It seems to be legit, I have told several friends about it. I am going to try to set up a second account under my wife's name. Got to like this deal! I think they figure most peole won't quit right away and they will buy some other DVDs at regular prices. The regular prices don't seem too high. If they have a sale like I mentioned at the top, it is pretty good prices. If you get over three there are no shipping charges.

Roger

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
thanks for the complete info, Roger. I tried like hell last night to get one of the codes to actually work, but couldn't. If you succeed in a second batch, let us know.

Rick J

Stunt Coordinator
just wondering what the best c.house code(s) are now. where's the best spot to find those codes on a regular basis? the code that i found that seems to be a pretty good deal is "cvx". it's certainly not as good as the 5/24.95/no obligation, what could be?! "cvx" is 5/.49 each (no s/h). you can also get another dvd for 14.95 (no s/h) and then you only need to buy 2 in the next two years. i figured this comes to ~$8.50 each for the entire deal...not bad. any thoughts? rick

I came across "cxcd". This is what you get:

"Get 2 DVDs FREE plus $1.99 each shipping and processing.
As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 2 more movies in the next 2 years at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 plus shipping and processing). Then you will get 3 MORE DVDs FREE plus $1.99 each shipping & processing! You may cancel anytime thereafter."

It's not as good as the "cycd" but it's better than the 5 for 49 cents.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you have a previous account number that hasn't been used for a special, looks like the best code is "CVX" again. You get 5 for $0.49 each including shipping and you buy one more for $14.95. This reduces your commitment to 2 more at regular price. You can buy one more for $9.95 but it doesn't reduce your commitment. So the first order of 6 is $17.50 delivered.

Rick J

Stunt Coordinator
leroy

the way i figured it, overall, the cvx comes out slightly better but basically the same...

cvx =

5 for .49 (no s/h) = 2.50
1 for 14.95 (no s/h) = 15.00
buy 2 in 2 yrs (+s/h)=~50.00

total = 67.50 (8.44 per disc)

cxcd =

2 free (+s/h) = 4.00
buy 2 in 2 yrs(+s/h)=~50.00
get 3 free (+s/h) = 6.00

total = 60.00 (8.57 per disc)

either way, when you consider you're getting dvds for under $9.00, it's still a very good price!

btw, leroy how did you "come across" the code? i'm still wondering how people find these codes on a regular basis rather than random luck like i did. thanks for your input. rick

Mike_Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
Quick question... Can you use these codes for an existing account with CH? If so, how do you input them on the site so you can take advantage of them? Thanks.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks