What's new

Fans of 'ALIEN' and 'PREDATOR' rejoice! McFarlane's Movie Maniacs 6! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
BTW, I just bought the refresh Predator and Predator 2 figures and am just a tad disappointed with the refresh Predator from the first film. Their's something "off" about it, it's a tad too short and his mask isn't the right color as compared to the film. His mask on the figure is silver but in the film it's more of a dirty pearl white color.

Oh well, a little paint can fix that though.

Love the Predator 2 figure though.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I just got the 12" ALIEN. I need a clean pair of shorts. Its the finest addition to my HT so far!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
A couple of posts ago I was saying how disappointed I was that I couldn't find a 12" Stealth Predator figure. Well, here it is months later and not only do I now have one, I have TWO of them! :)

I decided to give eBay a shot as suggested to me, and it paid off big time! They both came one day after the other one, I have one on display and the other I still have in the box...and that's where it's going to stay.

If anybody has this incredible figure, what kind of diorama did you make for it if any? I want to get the maximum effect out of the cloaked appearance of the figure, maybe a jungle background with some fiber optic lighting to accentuate the refraction of the plastic.

It's awesome right now as it is, but the lighting I have on it makes it appear more like an ice sculpture.

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
hmmm, been looking to pick up both the 12" Alien and Predators...then I find out that there are 3 different versions of the Alien out there...clear head with brown claws (fingernails :D ), clear head with black nails, and a milky colored head with black nails...been a while since I popped the DVD in, but wouldn't the last option be the most film accurate? And is $30 the cheapest I'll see these in retail stores? Thanks!

-matt

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Matty, I didn't know there were three of those! The one I have is the first one you mentioned, that's cool though, because i'm not quite as big a fan of Alien as I am of Predator.

Joe, cool Queen! I unfortunately missed that one due to some financial obligations, but is it available on eBay? Probably not because it's been so long.

I also had an idea for my Steath Predator, I was thinking of waiting until Summer (when the trees will be fully grown in) taking a digital camera into a well wooded area and taking a blank plate image of some foliage, blowing the pic up to scale the Predator and create a background that I could then back-light somehow.

I noticed that whatever light passes through the figure, the whole figure seems to glow slightly and change color. It seems that Todd used the same kind of heavy duty clear plastic used for thick fiber optic cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks