What's new

Fanless Home Theatre PC (1 Viewer)

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
I think its a hefty price for office apps and web surfing, both I consider highly impractical applications in a living room environment, HTPC or not. The price puts it in direct competition with other media players, except the competition has a blu ray drive as standard equipment. Despite what manufacturers would have you think a keyboard and mouse are no substitute for a IR remote control for most of the apps you will use on a Cerberus, zero mention of such a creature on their site. Everything else is covered by a well-equipped blu ray player, at a fraction of the cost. Smart TV, blu ray and console apps are not limited to just a few apps, at least thats not my experience. PC gaming has been on its way out since last generation consoles. I just cant see what this brings new to the table that is practical to use in a living room environment. I suppose if you have a specific need for specific applications then its worth another source but for me it would have to fully replace other sources and justify replacement of those sources, in full, to find a place in my cabinet.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have a Lenovo IdeaCentre from 4 generations ago. One of those "meant exactly for this". Mine could be mounted to the VESA, but mine just sits there.It cost less, 4 years ago, than this does. I'd move up to Windows 8, but...I have reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks