What's new

Family Ties coming to DVD in 2007? (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Awesome... I think it is indeed coming, those sites especially don't put stuff up unless they got it from the studio first.

Thanks for the News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ill believe it when i see it on tv shows on dvd.com.Yikes ! The retail price is supposedly 40..99, thats a bit steep for a 22 episode season 1 . I thought itd be more along the lines of what sony charged for facts of life season 3, why paramount?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
They even have the upc numbers their is no question this is coming. TVshowsonDVD will have it anytime i am sure.

LCD22

Screenwriter
It's not in the first season, but what I'm really looking forward to is when the Keatons went on vacation to England. I haven't seen it in years.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I am thinking the higher price might mean there is some music they had to pay for and they actually did, which may be the reason for the two year delay. I do not recall what music was in this show but I do remember there being some of note. I hope there are some special features and commentaries.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
very very cool, I hope we at least make it up to season 5 on DVD, the latter seasons aren't as good but I'd get them to finish my collection

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

Like Tory said most likely some sorta music rights. It was delayed for some sorta rights reason but it was never formally announced 2 years ago either. So that seems to be the most likely reason. Just be happy it is finally coming :)

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
WOW! Family Ties is finally being released on DVD.Words can not express how happy I am. I take back the bad things I was saying about Paramount.Thanks for the info,Gord.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yup, I like the Coverart aswell. It is funny seeing Michael Gross though with no beard since most of the series run he had one. You almost forget he didn't in the first season.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
What was the episode where Alex talks to a psychiatrist? I recall (vaguely) parts of it featured Alex in complete darkness, with a spotlight on him. It was a serious episode, which may explain why it sticks out in my memory. Anyone?

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator

I think you may be thinking of A, My Name is Alex. According to Epguides.com it is a two-parter that aired both parts on the same night in 1987. It is a fifth season episode.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
It looks like Amazon has the wrong msrp up for family ties. So take advantage and pre-order it for the $26.99 they have up.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Thanks for pointing that out. I just went and pre-ordered it (provided there's nothing edited when the reviews come in next year).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks