What's new

Family Guy's recent reference to killing children (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Did anyone watch this weeks episode of Family Guy, "Brian's Play" Brian and Stewie are talking and then Brian recalls to a flashback of him switching Peter's "I Can't Believe it's not Butter" with real butter which sends Peter into the mental ward. Lois then talks to a doctor and says "He's not that bad." In which the doctor says "He killed three children" I'm surprised there hasn't been any flack from that statement. I was a little shocked. Especially since they just pulled their Christmas episode in case their might be some insensitivity. The episode was probably done in advance, but they could have still re-edited the joke. I just didn't think it was funny. They could have said anything in place of the killing joke and it would have been funny.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
FG earns their audience and reputation by "going there." I'd rather they stick with their original script than make some quickie PC edit. If you're watching FG in the first place, you should know what to expect.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Malcolm R said:
FG earns their audience and reputation by "going there." I'd rather they stick with their original script than make some quickie PC edit. If you're watching FG in the first place, you should know what to expect.
I do understand that. Family Guy does do Holocaust Jokes and 9/11 jokes. Which I don't find funny. More shocking than anything. I guess the killing kids joke was just a little too soon I guess. More surprised than anything at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks