What's new

Family Guy Season Seven (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Last nights episode was pretty great. I loved Stewie crossing the street and how they got the talk show hosts to do live shoots. LOL - Although, Jay Leno has always been a big "ham" when it comes to lending himself to parody.

But the biggest LOL moment for me was when Jillian said her father was dead and Peter laughed. I know it was wrong for me to laugh ;) but it was so unexpected to hear him laugh, which I guess was the joke. :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Finally an episode that was just plain funny with no soap box trips by McFarlane.

The two spots that had me roaring were the clip of the A-Team and when Stewie said "Say whaaaaaaaa?????" :laugh:

And apparently Stewie is making an appearance on Bones this week? :confused: What the hell lol?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, they showed a clip at the end of the episode. I don't watch Bones, so I didn't understand. They were talking about a "baby" and the male character turns to a monitor where Stewie appears and starts to speak to him...Unfortunately my DVR cut out when Stewie showed up on the monitor.

p.s. I forgot about Stewie's "Say Whaaaa??" LMAO!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This was one of the better episodes in awhile. I loved where all the guys in the restaurant seemed to recognize Stewie in drag, "Hey..is that Desiree?" :laugh:

And the biggest laugh of all...Lauren Conrad actually being smart. :D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Agreeing with the rest of the party here. One of the better episodes
in this rather "droll" season.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

As someone who watches Bones but not FG, basically the lead character ("Bones") after years of emphatically stating she didn't want children has decided she wants to have a baby - and wants Booth (her partner) to be the father/sperm donor. Given that he's a 'white hat' and has definite ideas on family, he has initial issues with it - then add in that he contracts some kind of medical issue that causes him to hallucinate - then *poof* a cross-over with Stewie talking to him. The trailer made it look like it could actually work, as opposed when I first heard about it.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I just watched the new one on Hulu and thought I would come here to defend it, because I thought it was pretty excellent. I really like the Jillian character. I guess everyone else does too.

Matthew_V

Stunt Coordinator
I wasn't sure where to put this. Since I now associate Adam West more with Family Guy than with Batman, I thought the Family Guy fans would enjoy this comedic clip. It's only related to Family Guy in that Adam West is in this; but the humor in the clip immediately makes me think of the Mayor West character.

http://videos0.ordienetworks.com/vid...f7778ce/sd.flv

I found the clip while I was browsing Slice of SciFi

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would liked to have seen an entire half hour of the Shawshank Redemption parody lol.

It's one of my all time favorite movies and I hated the idea of someone raping it but damn that was funny.

I'll never get the image of the warden, his finger and the David Cassidy poster out of my head. :laugh:

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Stewie's Bones guest shot worked very well and helped explain a "hidden in plain sight" plot line that has been running since earlier in the season.

The following discussion of Stewie's appearance contains spoilers for the current season of Bones

He turned up as a hallucination on a TV at the sperm bank, basically giving voice (in character) to one side of an internal conflict that Booth was having. This was a) funny in and of itself b) amusing in that it established Booth as a Family Guy fan and c) important to the plot. "Stewie" continued to appear even after Booth unplugged the TV. When Booth told the story to his partner, anthropologist and all-around genius Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brenan, she immediately connected it with two earlier instances of visual and auditory hallucinations he had experienced. In both of those cases he'd been physically injured and otherwise under duress (knocked unconcious during a hockey game the first time, wounded and held hostage the second) so nobody thought much of the imaginary conversations he was having. (The first with a famous hockey player, the second with a dead Army comrade.) Injury, blood loss and his emotional state were plausible explanations for these things. (Although Booth leans towards a belief that the latter apparition was a genuine ghost.)

But when Booth hallucinates a cartoon character while waiting to give a sperm sample, Brenan realizes that there is something more serious going on. She persuades him to get a CAT scan and a (benign and operable) brain tumor is detected. There is just something irresistably funny about having something like this discovered (and the earlier hallucinations undercut) by Stewie Griffin of all people. I thought it was a brilliant bit. Now I can't wait for the inevitable Bones parody on Family Guy. (I'm sure the Bones actors would be happy to do it. They are very funny and self-mocking on the DVD commentaries.)

Re: The King episode itself. I loved it. Best episode this year.

Later,

Joe

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
First episode of Family Guy I deleted after the first storyline.

Did not like this past week's episode and I'm a fan of Stephen King films.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
too bad you should have watched the entire show.

also Joe, isn't it not right to reveal an entire plot of another show since
someone may not have watched it yet.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tony,

I salvaged it from my Tivo since it has an UNDELETE option.

Saw the SHAWSHANK parody, which was good only because it stands
as one of my favorite films.

However, I think I was put off that the show strayed away from its
usual "cut away" style. While I greatly enjoyed the STAR WARS parody
I don't think it worked as well here.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone else notice how the Simpsons also had a 3 story episode (well, actually 4)??

I'm not always fond of this format (with the exception of the Halloween shows), so that might have soured me when I watched Family Guy right after the Simpsons.

But at least it all ended on a good note with Shawshank.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
im disappointed that empire strikes back isn't the finale. i guess it will be next years premiere

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm not even a Stephen King fan, but was I the only one bothered by Peter saying that he wrote "Stand By Me"? No, he wrote "The Body"!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks