What's new

Family Guy Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
What a great time I had watching this FG tribute to Star Wars.

To say it was extremely well done is an understatement. The
animators perfectly captured so many of the nuances that have
been hardwired to our brains. Like many of you, I have seen
Star Wars so many times that I can recreate each camera movement
in my head -- and that's exactly what the animators did here. Really,
I was more impressed with how authentic they got this parody to
look over the jokes themselves.

Speaking of the jokes, I agree that there were many opportunities
lost (especially the Han shoots first scene), but overall, I had quite
a few hard laughs. The Leslie Nielson bit is perhaps my favorite.

I can't wait to get this on DVD.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
R2D2, shooting a gun sideways at a tie fighter, and: "Yeah! That's how we do it in my neighborhood, bitch!"

:D

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I'd never seen an episode of Family Guy until last night, but I had to check this one out because of the SW parody. I thought it was absolutely hillarious!!! My favorite exchange:

Leia: "Aren't you a little fat for a Stormtrooper"?

Luke: "Well, stay here and rot then, bitch".

:laugh:

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

It appears that old George has loosened up a little about people having fun with the SW universe. However, the Family Guy creators were told to tone down the Luke-Leia incest stuff they had originally put in the episode so there was some stuff cut out to satisfy the LFL people.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Lucas has been cool about this sort of thing for a long time. Am I the only one who remembers "Troops", the Stormtrooper/Cops parody or George Lucas in Love?

I somehow managed to forget all about this being the premiere week and neither set the DVR to record it nor made sure I was home in time to catch the start, so I only saw that last 20 or 25 minutes - but they packed a lot of great material into it. I hope they do a special "encore" fairly soon (I suspect the ratings would justify it.) Otherwise I'll have to find someone who recorded it and watch a copy.

Later,

Joe

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's apparently the best rated episode of Family Guy since it came back on Fox (which I assume makes it the best rated episode in the show's history except for the pilot which ran after a Superbowl).

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Apparently the Cartoon Network will be re-airing this episode Oct. 14th according to an article over at tvweek.com. It also says that a full episode devoted to The Empire Strikes Back may be coming next year. :emoji_thumbsup:

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I loved it. I think there is potential for a parity of all 6 films. Can't wait to see the big revelation in ESB as played out by Chris and Stewie.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
What was the deal with the visual effects? Was this the actual film from Star Wars, was it animation, or (as I suspect) was it animation on top of the original film? Many of the ship movements were just too precise for it not to be from the original film.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I think another joke they could have had was Lois and Chris about to kiss and someone butts in and says "Wait. what if you two are related?"

then they laugh it off and say "Yeah, what are the chances of that?!"

Wondering who will play Boba Fett, Han Solo's enemy. Maybe the Chicken? :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Me too, I mean you figure the Death Star is essentially a building the size of a moon and even the smallest buildings in the town where I live have directories on the wall lol.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I *loved* the Dr. Who/Hyperspace thing!!

... And wasn't that Sean Connery's voice for the "Red October" bit?

This has to be the funniest episode of FG ever ... and one of the best Star Wars parodies!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I also loved when Vader was discussing the "design flaw" in the Death Star. "Can't we just put some plywood or something over it"? :D

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I would love to have seen a bit with Peter and Lois swinging across the bridge on a rope, and maybe having it break or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks