What's new

False Advertising on DVD Covers (new Transamerica cover!!!) (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
Marc: Thanks for the clarification.

Speaking of morphing from man to woman...have you seen this?

It looks like it should be on a Conan O'Brien's "If They Mated" segment. It's absolutely hysterical...and incredibly frightening at the same time.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
This isn't a DVD issue, but it seems like the Universal Noir series VHS of "The Killers" (1964) has a photo on the back of Lee Marvin and Angie Dickinson from their later appearance together in "Point Blank."

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Things like this have gone on forever in Hollywood. Back in 1945 Bing Crosby played a priest and Ingrid Bergman a nun in the "Bells of St.Mary's". In the ads, they airbrushed out Bing's roman collar and had a picture of Ingrid in a dress and with styled hair instead of a nun's habit and veil. The idea was to sell the film as a romance instead of what is was.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I loved the film, and I thought she gave a wonderful performance so I am a bit torn by this cover. While I agree it is not an honest one, in reality and in all likelihood it will get more people to buy or rent this film. That is a major plus in every way.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I am quite content with that final cover.

One guy sees hot Felicity and buys the DVD and then actual movie fans see the title and pick it up. It all works out in the end. :)

Ryan

Phil Dally

Stunt Coordinator
It's a wonder what makeup can do. Manly Felicity doesn't look anythiing like womanly Felicity. Is that Felicity in both shots of the cover?

RafaelB

Second Unit
Bree is actually Felicity's Character name in Transamerica. It just shares that coincident with Marcia Cross on DH.

Rafael.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Whoopsie! That's just bizarre.

In a related bizarrity, I went to the Housewives website yesterday to check last night's episode, and took a "Which Housewife Are You?" quiz. The result?

"You are most likely to date or marry. . .LYNETTE!"

:D

walter o

Supporting Actor
cover of LOOKING GLASS WAR DVD is kinda deceptive, as Anthony Hopkins is neither the top billed star nor the lead, that is Christopher Jones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks