What's new

Fall 2013 Season Schedules (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A couple of surprises here. I thought ABC might pit its most anticipated new show (S.H.I.E.L.D) against The Big Bang Theory on Thursday to try to recapture that timeslot. With interest in the original Once Upon a Time waning, I'm not sure this new offshoot will do much at 8 on Thursday.

I was also certain that ABC would move its red hot hit Scandal to Sundays at 9 and move Revenge to Thursday to get the benefit of Grey's Anatomy's lead-in. Scandal doesn't need that help any more, and ABC needs more traction on Sunday.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Tuesday at 8 will pit it against.. X-Factor in the Fall (no big) and The Voice in the spring, though.. but it may be a good slot; if it does well, it could go into spring with some real movement.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
mattCR said:
Tuesday at 8 will pit it against.. X-Factor in the Fall (no big) and The Voice in the spring, though.. but it may be a good slot; if it does well, it could go into spring with some real movement.
No, X Factor and Idol play Wednesday-Thursday, not on Tuesday. Fox is staying with an all-comedy night on Tuesday.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ah. So, we're talking about a show that.. based on schedules... should do VERY well right out of the gate because it's competition is largely weak.

I'm not sure of the strategy, but if the idea is to get it some sea legs so it grows an audience and move it later, that might not be bad. "The Voice" may still win the time slot, based on the schedule, but I can't imagine two new Fox comedies make a dent in the rating, and I don't even know what CBS airs on Tuesdays at 8E/7C.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
mattCR said:
Ah. So, we're talking about a show that.. based on schedules... should do VERY well right out of the gate because it's competition is largely weak.

I'm not sure of the strategy, but if the idea is to get it some sea legs so it grows an audience and move it later, that might not be bad. "The Voice" may still win the time slot, based on the schedule, but I can't imagine two new Fox comedies make a dent in the rating, and I don't even know what CBS airs on Tuesdays at 8E/7C.
NCIS on CBS, the most popular show in total audience on television.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
mattCR said:
Ah, yes.. I forget about that.. it's not necessarily a demo magnet, though, is it?
Usually fiinishes second in the demo to The Voice which is pretty impressive for a show running ten years and with a less than youthful cast.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
CBS Fall 2013 schedule:

MONDAY
8:00-8:30 PM How I Met Your Mother
8:30-9:00 PM WE ARE MEN (N)
9:00-9:30 PM 2 Broke Girls
9:30-10:00 PM MOM (N)
10:00-11:00 PM HOSTAGES (N)
INTELLIGENCE (Mid-Season) (N)

TUESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM NCIS
9:00-10:00 PM NCIS: LOS ANGELES
10:00-11:00 PM Person Of Interest (NT)

WEDNESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR
9:00-10:00 PM Criminal Minds
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION

THURSDAY
8:00-8:30 PM The Big Bang Theory
8:30-9:00 PM THE MILLERS (N)
9:00-9:30 PM THE CRAZY ONES (N)
9:30-10:00 PM Two and a Half Men (NT)
10:00-11:00 PM ELEMENTARY

FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 PM Undercover Boss
9:00-10:00 PM Hawaii Five-0 (NT)
10:00-11:00 PM Blue Bloods

SATURDAY
8:00-8:30 PM COMEDYTIME SATURDAY (N)
8:30-9:00 PM COMEDYTIME SATURDAY (N)
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS

SUNDAY
7:00-8:00 PM 60 Minutes
8:00-9:00 PM THE Amazing Race
9:00-10:00 PM THE Good Wife
10:00-11:00 PM THE Mentalist

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
And it looks like there won't be a third NCIS show. I like the other 2, but I think enough is enough.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It didn't get particularly good reviews (the NCIS: Red backdoor pilot), and the ratings didn't spike either (in fact, seems like they went down a bit for those two weeks). I really do think two of them is enough.

Not surprised with the moves of Person of Interest (to shore up Tuesday at 10 which has been a trouble spot for awhile) or Hawaii Five-O (which has been finishing third in the timeslot most weeks). CBS must have a great deal of faith in their new shows to put three of them on Monday nights.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe NCIS:LA has lasted as long as it has. If it didn't have NCIS as a lead-in, I bet CBS might have canned it after one season.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I don't know if it will succeed, but CBS' "The Crazy Ones" really is a show that should be on Showtime, not so much CBS.. the opening script is a riot, but it has to have been edited to meet the FCC for it's run.. Robin Williams first return to a network sitcom since, what, Mork & Mindy?

That's a show that will either work or fail spectacularly

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Patrick Sun said:
I can't believe NCIS:LA has lasted as long as it has. If it didn't have NCIS as a lead-in, I bet CBS might have canned it after one season.
I'm surprised that CBS has not separated the 2 so far, after all this time. By now, I think the LA one can stand on its own. I guess they don't want to fix something that isn't broken.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Here is the 2013-14 schedule for the CW:

MONDAY8:00 - Hart Of Dixie (New Night)9:00 - Beauty And The Beast (New Night)TUESDAY8:00 - The Originals (New Series)9:00 - Supernatural (New Night)WEDNESDAY8:00 - Arrow9:00 - The Tomorrow People (New Series)THURSDAY8:00 - The Vampire Diaries9:00 - Reign (New Series) FRIDAY8:00 - The Carrie Diaries (New Night)9:00 - AMERICA’S Next Top Model

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Beauty and the Beast" made the cut? Whoa! Same for "Hart of Dixie", but it sort of almost fills that "Gilmore Girls" spot for me, but not entirely.

Can't believe Supernatural is still going. Wish they'd killed it when Kripke the showrunner left. Sheesh! But given all the SPN love I see on my FB feed from mostly females, I see why it's coming back.

This has to be the last 2 cycles for ANTM, 9pm on Fridays?

So what's up the "The Oregano's"? :D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
mattCR said:
I don't know if it will succeed, but CBS' "The Crazy Ones" really is a show that should be on Showtime, not so much CBS.. the opening script is a riot, but it has to have been edited to meet the FCC for it's run.. Robin Williams first return to a network sitcom since, what, Mork & Mindy?

That's a show that will either work or fail spectacularly
Watching the CBS promo doesn't give me a good feeling about it, as much as I want to see SMG in another show (and when is Ringer going to come out on disc anyway?). As long as Williams isn't allowed to run amuck, maybe it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks