What's new

Falcon Crest: The Complete 3rd Season is Coming (1 Viewer)

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
Warner Archive Collection sent me an email yesterday that said "We are aiming for an early 2012 release for FALCON CREST: The Complete 3rd Season.
For those of you who are FALCON CREST fans as I am, this is very good and welcome news. I just wish it would be out sooner.
Fans who want this series can post a request on the WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION's Facebook page.
Again, another vintage is being released in early 2012.
:cool:

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I can't get over how Falcon Crest seems to be selling? I Know no one who has purchased this show, and yet I know many who purchased the First 2 Seasons of Knots Landing (also WBs) and yet we don't even get an option of MOD for KNOTS (could be they would rather sell the item as a manufactured disc?)

It just seems like KNOTS LANDING would have out sold Falcon Crest IMO. I even buy Dynasty and Dallas but never was interested in Falcon Crest however this is great news for fans of the show no doubt.

Just really curious why KNOTS is just harder to get released.

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
FALCON CREST and KNOTS LANDING are both well produced, quality shows, and I have no idea why KNOTS is not selling. I will suggest it tonight on the Warner Archive Collection page on FB for you Jack. You can do that, too. Get all your friends to do that. It couldn't hurt. Good luck.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I think I am the only person who doesn't do facebook haha.

I think many ask WB's fro KNOTS a lot. I figure they would put out more of KL once they finished off Dallas, and something tells me they probably don't want to go MOD on KL so fast is why I think the hold up is partitally there. (yeah I hear sales weren't what they wanted)

Of Course no one really knows but WB's. I did think Season 2 of KL was a really strong season and I wanted MORE badly.

This is still really great news for Falcon Crest fans.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Falcon Crest said:
/forum/thread/313218/falcon-crest-the-complete-3rd-season-is-coming#post_3834136
FALCON CREST and KNOTS LANDING are both well produced, quality shows, and I have no idea why KNOTS is not selling. I will suggest it tonight on the Warner Archive Collection page on FB for you Jack. You can do that, too. Get all your friends to do that. It couldn't hurt. Good luck.
KL is surprising to me as well (apparently not selling as well as anticipated?). I am mainly an early season fan of KL vs FC. I didn't follow KL thru it's entire run when they aired but FC held me in the audience for that one.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Tom_Tagliente19 said:
Warner Archive Collection sent me an email yesterday that said "We are aiming for an early 2012 release for FALCON CREST: The Complete 3rd Season.
For those of you who are FALCON CREST fans as I am, this is very good and welcome news. I just wish it would be out sooner.
Fans who want this series can post a request on the WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION's Facebook page.
Again, another vintage is being released in early 2012.
:cool:
Tom, thanks for this. Because of your post, I spoke to my contact at the Warner Archive. Here's the result:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Falcon-Crest-Season-3/15686
Bottom line: yes, they're working on it. No, "early 2012" isn't set in stone. What about Knots Landing? Dunno, just guesses for now. That's all I've got. Hope it helps.

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
Thank you Dave for following up on this for myself and the other fans of FALCON CREST. Can you please shoot me a private email as I have a question that cannot be asked on the forum, but I think you might be able to assist me with. I will reply to your message when I receive it. I cannot post this question to you on the site.
Regards,
Tom

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Tom_Tagliente19 said:
Thank you Dave for following up on this for myself and the other fans of FALCON CREST. Can you please shoot me a private email as I have a question that cannot be asked on the forum, but I think you might be able to assist me with. I will reply to your message when I receive it. I cannot post this question to you on the site.
Regards,
Tom
Tom, you're welcome for my news post; glad it helped. I only swung by here to make sure you had seen what I posted. Much to my dismay (and Ron's), I hardly have time to hang out at HTF these days :( . So rather than sending PMs to each other via the HTF system, you should just visit TVShowsOnDVD, go to the bottom of any page, and click the "Contact Us" link near the copyright notice. When the form comes up, be sure to change the "TO" line with the pull-down menu so that it shows my name. Then fill out the rest and submit. I'll get it straightway, and can reply via normal e-mail.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
With all due respect to David Lambert, I just thought I'd stir up some trouble by pointing out something that's been bothering me since FC has been on dvd. This is from David's news article of yesterday:
"As with all DVD releases ... they have to go through the source material and make sure the masters are usable..."
Seriously? Is that what they're doing? Because they seemingly didn't do it the first two times around. So far, Falcon Crest has been one appalling-looking series on dvd.
I'm not even going to start complaining about the last two releases. All of us here already know the problems. And what's done is done. But here they have a third chance to get things right--or at the very least, put out a decent-quality dvd set. Now what I mean, by "decent" is something along the lines of "Dallas." While Dallas does not look optimal on dvd, it does at least look decent and acceptable. FC so far does not. Warner Archives either need to find better source materials or better dvd engineers. One or the other.
If anyone at Warners Archive needs inspiration, I beg them to go and have a look at the "Dynasty" dvd series. Now there's an excellent-looking dvd series. Yeah, I know "Dynasty" was shot and edited on film and that's why it still looks so good. But somewhere in the wide wide world there must be better video masters of "Falcon Crest" than the 40 or so we've been offered on dvd. Again guys--the past is the past but this third time out--just try a little harder, okay??? Please??

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
Ethan,
I think you are the minority here Ethan. I have read the comments on other boards and just to have them is good enough for the rest of us. If they are not to your liking then just don't buy them. But, PLEASE, please...do not ruin it for the rest of us. Just saying you want to stir up trouble should get your post pulled from my thread. And, if the administrators of this site read this reply, PLEASE consider this course of action ASAP.
Please Ethan, do myself and other FALCON CREST fans a favor by not posting negative comments about the previous DVD releases of FALCON CREST here. Please THINK before you post. WHV reps read these posts ALL THE TIME and I would really be upset if your comments brought future release plans to an end for the rest of us. And, I have heard of it happening to other shows. Send PM's to me, but if you wish to continue posting negative comments, please do not post them under mine. If you have a Facebook account, I recommend posting your feelings there.
Thank you for your comment Mr. Lambert. I appreciate you looking into this for us. Good news indeed. Hell, we've waited ions for this . Another four months plus is not going to kill us. Thank you.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Tom_Tagliente19 said:
Ethan,
I think you are the minority here Ethan. I have read the comments on other boards and just to have them is good enough for the rest of us. If they are not to your liking then just don't buy them. But, PLEASE, please...do not ruin it for the rest of us. Just saying you want to stir up trouble should get your post pulled from my thread. And, if the administrators of this site read this reply, PLEASE consider this course of action ASAP.
Please Ethan, do myself and other FALCON CREST fans a favor by not posting negative comments about the previous DVD releases of FALCON CREST here. Please THINK before you post. WHV reps read these posts ALL THE TIME and I would really be upset if your comments brought future release plans to an end for the rest of us. And, I have heard of it happening to other shows. Send PM's to me, but if you wish to continue posting negative comments, please do not post them under mine. If you have a Facebook account, I recommend posting your feelings there.
Thank you for your comment Mr. Lambert. I appreciate you looking into this for us. Good news indeed. Hell, we've waited ions for this . Another four months plus is not going to kill us. Thank you.
Tom--seriously. I made some very fair comments, and I didn't say anything that hasn't been said before on these threads regarding the previous two releases. And I think it's appalling for you to suggest the mods delete my post simply because it was a negative review of an existing dvd. I mean, if they start doing that, then whoa--there goes freedom of speech. And in that vein they'd have to delete every single negative-sounding post in the Home Theatre Forum. Not too fair to single out just me, because I was talking about one of your pet shows. Please understand that Falcon Crest is one of my pet shows as well, and I feel that the two releases haven't been very good. I made a fair comment and it was not outside the terms of service for this site, and I am wholly as entitled to my opinion as anyone else. And if Warners personnel read the post, then good--maybe it'll light a fire under them to look for better source materials. As it was, at least two of the episodes in Season One had--shall we say--unusual audio engineering. Season two had its own interesting difficulties. My posts aren't going to bring Falcon Crest to a halt--that would be low sales due to shoddy product. And Warners needs to understand that the problems have been noted by the persons who spent good money for these dvds.
When season one was released, I was more than charitable about it. But they did it a second time. And if the lack of quality remains for 9 seasons, then you're right--I'm going to stop buying them.
I don't want them to stop making the dvds; I want them to dig deeper for better masters than they've been using. That's the whole point of what I said. You say the dvds have been good enough for you. Fine--but honestly, the vhs copies I made almost 30 years ago look better than what they've been selling on dvd so far.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Apologies if there is an existing HTF thread solely about the third season of Falcon Crest. Regarding the Warner Archive's MOD DVD set of the third season (in two separate cases, seven discs in total), am recommending this release. Compared to when CBS Drama repeated Falcon Crest's third season, the transfer looks a darn sight better than I've seen it in a long time. Even though the picture quality on CBS Drama seems to be very consistent (not in a good way, it has a foggy look to it), it does look like some restoration work has been done to some of the episodes in the Warner Archive set. Tested out each episode, skipping through the chapters. Watched the end credits on three episodes, and they all had the original Lorimar logo at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks