What's new

FALCON CREST: The Complete 2nd Season R1 (1 Viewer)

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
According to a good source I have, FALCON CREST: The Complete First Season started our strong in sales, but has slowed down in recent days. Hopefully we will see season 2 before long when Richard Channing (DAVID SELBY) comes aboard and starts wreaking havoc among the land of the grapevines.

Please post ANYTHING you may hear when Season 2 is announced. Thank you. Are there any WB Online Chats planned anytime soon?

Tom

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
that would be good news if that was the case. I just hope this show does not follow knots landing with releases.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well of course sales slowed down...people heard about how crummy the season one prints looked on dvd!!

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
I'd be really surprised if it turned out that this show sold better than KNOTS LANDING. It's always referred to as the least popular of the four big '80s primetime soaps.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by whisperintherain

I'd be really surprised if it turned out that this show sold better than KNOTS LANDING. It's always referred to as the least popular of the four big '80s primetime soaps.

I don't think it was ever as highly rated as the other 3 shows, (Dallas, Knots & Dynasty), but it was a very, very good show, and deserves a better dvd release than the one it got. The prints looked 20 years older than they actually are. Actually, I have a lot of dvds from the early 60s and even the 50s that look 10 times better. I hope they rectify this problem before going forward. You know, Dallas doesn't look all that great on dvd either, but it still looks better than poor old Falcon Crest season one did. Dynasty looks brand-new on dvd...I think it looks better than it did when it originally aired!! Dynasty dvds are a testament to what classic releases should look like. But that's probably because FC was edited on videotape and there's probably nothing they can do in terms of film restoration for dvd. But still...there must be better prints lying around somewhere!!! Doesn't Lorimar have video vaults of this stuff? Because Dallas & FC look like they were using quite haggard-looking syndication prints for their dvds...

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i would agree with the last post. I found shows like Dallas, FC and knots landing the quality look very poor. I would even go so far and say some of the other shows also suffer from the conversion to dvd.

It is also all about money, because if you look at Star Trek and how it was re-mastered it is very good. However, their is market for star trek and people are willing to buy this show. However, other shows may not have similar markets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks