What's new

Falcon Crest: A Chance? (1 Viewer)

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
Recently I wrote a tribute to Jane Wyman, and while I am sad that we lost her I can't help but wonder now if her death will mean WB will soon announce FALCON CREST season by season releases on DVD? I know this may sound...well...crass, but it's not intended to. The passing of Jane Wyman could actually bring in a high number of sales for the series since after all she was with it from day one. Unlike Joan Collins who did not join DYNASTY until the second season. Oh, and in case I missed the announcement here and others did, too...Circuit City has Dynasty SEASON ONE and SEASON TWO as a double pack for $39.99. I saw it today.

Well, again...I am not in any way disrespecting Jane Wyman...I just think WB should immortalize her now on DVD and allow FALCON CREST fans to pay tribute to her by purchasing this series on DVD finally.

Come on Warner Bros. PLEASE???

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I've heard rumours that Falcon Crest was definitely on Warner's radar for release earlier this year. A first season set was planned, and would include the unscreened pilot "The Vintage Years". At least one cast member was approached to record a commentary track.

Unfortunately, the allegedly poor sales performance of Knots Landing led to a loss in confidence about the soaps and so Falcon was put back on the shelf.

If Warners decide to chance their arm with more Knots and as they run out of seasons of Dallas to put out, then they might change their minds about Falcon too.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yes Falcon Crest S1 and the vintage years set is definately coming in 2008. The problem is will it be one and done like Knots Landing? My hope is since falcon crest aired after dallas, fans who have been buying up Dallas on DVD (It has sold well) will remember liking it and want this in their collection aswell. I think thats the only hope that FC can get it's 9 seasons released.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I really thought the show took off once David Selby joined the cast and I'm afraid the studio might pull a first season release and then pull out like they have with other soaps. I almost think they would be better off releasing them like Dark Shadows and start them off when the series became popular.

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
Good question. If it's www.falconcrest.org they jumped the gun for this year and a lot of people who frequent their site (me included) were very disappointed after the WB chat here a few months ago. Please make sure you have your sources lined up. If you have to keep the source confidential, please do so, but please don't post rumors about FALCON CREST here...please be sure they're facts. Thank you Aryn. If so, what quarter of the year in '08?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
You guys are too much, i mean honestly. How am i suppose to have a date/quarter when WB probably doesn't even have one at this point. I been tracking status of FC on various boards for years and info that has been coming out. The consensus is from people in the know is it is coming next year. Is that a lock of course not, thing's can change. Perhaps i should have said "It sounds like it is definately coming next year" which is what i meant.

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
Didn't mean any disrespect. Twice though in the past hopes have been raised...then lowered due to the likelihood of never seeing this series on DVD. So, I was just asking the source that's all.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

None taken, it's just you mention something and get questioned when you have never posted false info since being a member on the board gets aggrivating at times is all. I understand your frustration with false hopes, i am right there with you as i wan't this badly aiswell. Hopefully it pans out for next year. I am sure dave and gord will let us know once something offficial comes down.

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
I'm hoping, too. I am just tired of the long wait on this one. I'm hoping the 1st quarter of the year. Furthermore, I'm surprised it wasn't released in the 25th anniversary year of the series premiere

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator
WOW, I am so happy to hear this news about Falcon Crest being released in 2008 and I can't wait. Many thanks to you Aryn

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Guys, I'll just caution you that I've heard nothing about this. It doesn't mean that it could not come out; there are always surprises...even for me! But to my knowledge there is nothing planned for this show, for the first half of 2008 anyway. Hopefully I'm wrong and Aryn's right. But I thought I'd better speak up before everyone's hopes got a bit too high.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I'll believe it when I see it. Besides, maybe the release will force Fox to finally release Peyton Place!!!

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I also have heard nothing about warner bros releasing falcon crest on dvd.. I doubt that it will happen any time soon.

Jacob

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Let me try and clear up a couple of things. Now if one the most recent warner tv chat transcripts is available to read still. I think it was about a year ago this time WB said in that chat that Falcon Crest was being considered for release. As i had that in my question to ask about and scratched it from my prepared question. So i asked about CHiPs, Spenser: for Hire, Scarecrow and Mrs. King and something else that slips my mind at the moment. Of which they said CHiPs and Scarecrow were being considered aswell. Now since that time stuff i have been reading on various boards/magazines and whatnot from people involved in the show, have hinted that it will come out in 2008.

So by me stating it will definately come out in 2008 perhaps that is not the correct wording. There is a good chance it will come out in 2008 though unless WB has since backtracked on the show. Sure they didn't come out and say it would be released, but they usually say for a show they don't plan to release by saying it is not on there radar. They did not do that in this case. So to clear up what i orginally said nothing is ever Garunteed. By the same token i have a good feeling we will see it.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Well i seem to have found the chat transcript but i dont see any mention of falcon crest hmmm. This seems like the chat i remember doing where i scratched off falcon crest question because it was allready asked but then there is no evidence of it here. Well i don't expect anyone to take my word for it without the evidence. So just take whatever i said with a grain of salt until i can provide it.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Site-News/5803

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Well now i see this is only part 2 of the chat transcript must find part 1 before i think/start to believe my memory is that bad.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Ok here it is finally!!

"Falcon's Crest - no plans at this time, but they will keep it under consideration."

not exactly word for word what i recall but atleast i am not going crazy remembering it and it not being there at all.

Any plans to release the short-lived 19802019s Lorimar soap FLAMINGO ROAD
on DVD? P.S. Please reconsider KNOTS LANDING and FALCON CREST. Many soap fans
would happily buy the complete runs of all three shows (and all of DALLAS) on DVD. There
IS a market out there for these soapy serials (sales of season one of KNOTS LANDING were
probably soft due to the absence of Donna Mills as Abby, probably the show's most popular
character)

no plans for Flamingo Road at this time and we'll keep Knots and Falcon
Crest under consideration. Thanks for your support...andif you're a soap fan you can buy the
4th and final season of the OC on 5/22

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Site-News/7285

If you will scroll down you will see the comments in the hopeful section.

Full Transcript here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/chat/wbtv07.txt

Now i will attempt to get/find the quotes from the people involved hinting at 2008 release. Which i won't be as quick to find but i will do my best. I hope i have atleast cleared up things a little bit as to where i was coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks