1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fake Terminator 2 Blu-Ray Review pulled from web

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Pete T C, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Pete T C

Pete T C Well-Known Member

Sony, the company known for hiring fake movie reviewers may have been involved in yet another scandal... Now presenting:

The FAKE Blu-Ray Terminator 2 review!
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=7896503

Originally posted on "upcomingdiscs.com," the reviewer claimed he got a special pre-street Terminator 2 Blu-Ray review disc from Sony (note that this is a Lion's Gate film). The author of the review claimed the disc was 1080p, had all of the extras from the extreme edition, lossless LPCM sound, and one of the best high definition transfers on any format to date.

The reality? The actual retail disc of Terminator 2 was the theatrical cut and did not include the extras of the extreme edition. Further, there was no LPCM sound and not suprisingly the video quality was soft and not as good as HD-DVD.

After receiving a beatdown from AVS Forum members (see page 4 on), the review was pulled from upcomingdiscs.com... Smells fishy to me! [​IMG]

2. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Well-Known Member

I don't think you can blame SONY for this as it is a LIONSGATE disc.

3. RobertR

RobertR Well-Known Member

I think the fake is all the doing of a 21 year old kid who wanted some attention. He got it all right--the wrong kind.

4. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Well-Known Member

I followed that thread all day today, and it was a hoot, right up to when the owner of the web site (upcomingdiscs.com) came on and said the kid was so freaked he doesn't want to review for a while. Who needs soap operas when we have the high def version online? [​IMG]

5. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Premium
    Supporter

Dave Moritz

Did you mean to say SD-DVD? As far as I know there is no Terminator release on HD-DVD. [​IMG]

If there would have been a new HD transfer of Terminator for HD-DVD it would have most likely been used for Blu-ray as well. And that release would have looked better. Its sad that Sony put out some poor quality titles for Blu-ray's roll out, how embarrassing. [​IMG]

6. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Well-Known Member

It's kind of astonishing that the owner of the website is considering that this kid can keep reviewing. We would have fired him immediately and told him not to come back if he was pulling this kind of crap.

7. VincentK

VincentK Member

8. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Well-Known Member

That's for The Terminator. The problematic review (although that one was written by the same guy and could very well be total B.S. too) is for Terminator 2.

9. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Well-Known Member

Damn, and I stood up for the guy... (I'm Jorus on AVS). Serves me right [​IMG]