What's new

Fairy Tale Movies The Tournament (1 Viewer)

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Only Two slots left.
Here ars movies that need seconds:

FairyTale: A True Story
Return to Oz
A Little Princess (1995)
Star Wars
A.I.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
I don't think Mike gave out any more nominations, so I'll just throw out some suggestions:
The Last Unicorn
The Little Mermaid
Clash of the Titans
Dragonslayer

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Ok, lets just have a free for all. The next Two to get seconds are in. Anyone can second as long as it has been nominated first. You can not second a movie if you are the one who nominated it first.
Brian I will consider those nominations.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Ok, It's time to start voting. I'm pulling the movies out of a hat for the pairing(if anyone cares) You should vote anyway you want. So lets get started.

Round 1

4) The Never Ending Story
VS
30) Edward Scissorhands

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Damn man, a toughie right from the get-go. I love both these movies. I think I'll go with the nostalgia factor and vote for The Neverending Story.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Edward Scissorhands
Of course, I'm never gonna get over the dissing of FairyTale: A True Story :frowning:

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Edward Scissorhands
Of course, I'm never gonna get over the dissing of FairyTale: A True Story
Ah, FairyTale: A True Story. One of my favorite whipping boys. You know, I liked this movie until the very end. That's when the filmmakers decided to get cutesy and show real fairies and such coming out of the woodwork. Now I wouldn't have had a problem with that if the film had been fictional. However, being that it was based on actual events - and I was familiar with what happened beforehand - I felt that the integrity of the story had been seriously violated. The two girls FAKED the photographs. That is FACT. They even admitted it. To throw it all away for the sake of cheap sentiment really pissed me off. Not only that, but I felt that the filmmakers did a disservice to the memory of Harry Houdini who fought long and hard against charlatans and other like people who took advantage of the gullibility of others. What a letdown.
I'm sure you realize by now that I'm a diehard skeptic. :)
Still, Jim, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks