What's new

Faint Vertical Line on Tosh RPTV (1 Viewer)

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
Point 1 - I love my new Toshiba 50H12.

Point 2 - I'm a bit anal about it.

Convergence of Points - There is a faint vertical line, not a black line but rather a thin line of greater brightness, which is sometimes (depending on what is being shown) visible at about a third of the way in from the left side of the display. You can see it best when looking at a bright, one-color background.

Is this familiar, and/or common, and/or something to be concerned about?

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately its probably the dreaded "Ghost line" that has haunted the last at least 3 years model lines. Its an absolute shame that they still havent taken care of it in engineering these sets...

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
Well, at least I'm not imagining things. And it's something I can live with. Thanks for the responses, guys.

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
I've replied to posts like this before and I'm still unsure if my Toshiba TW56X81 suffers the same trouble. On my set I have removed the screen, rotated it 180 degrees and the line is actually, in my case, on the screen itself.

It is most noticeable when watching a hockey game, light background and horizontal action. In my case it seems like a screen manufacturing issue.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks