What's new

Facts of Life S4 (1 Viewer)

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I hope this means that Shout has acquiried the DVD rights to the remaining seasons that have yet to be released on DVD of All in the Family, The Jeffersons, and Diff'rent Strokes. It seems like this company is picking up the abandoned programs of the major studios.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I would love to see "What's Happening Now!!" Season 2 with episodes from Shirley's show as a bonus feature. That would be the greatest news!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Off topic somewhat, but I hope Shout is at work with striking a deal with Sony for Dennis the Menace for their next deal with Sony. Brian on the ShoutFactory forums has posted the following recently at that forum in a thread with fans expressing their desire for Dennis the Menace on DVD.

Quote: Brian (ShoutFactory.com forum post; 1/8/10)
I would actually be psyched about Dennis the Menace, that is, until he lost the overalls. I dunno. Once Dennis kinda grew up, the antics seemed a lot less hilarious to me. I don't know. But I'd love to do the show. And our acquisitions gang are in on the loop. So, I'm sure they'll look into it.
Sounds promosing, especially now that we're hearing about the Facts of Life being licensed from Sony.

I'd also hope they'd keep the classic animated Screen Gems closing with "This is a Screen Gems Film Production filmed at the Hollywood Studios of Columbia Pictures", or something close to that. Wouldn't be a chance of that being intact if Sony did this inhouse, as other Sony releases like the Facts of Life shows.

I've recently watched television recordings of mine of the first three seasons of Dennis the Menace, and it's all been excellent and holds up extremely well. The only duds in the first three seasons is a few shows after the death of Joseph Kearns late in season 3. So I'd love to see Shout Factory license this next from Sony.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by LeoAmes

Off topic somewhat, but I hope Shout is at work with striking a deal with Sony for Dennis the Menace for their next deal with Sony. Brian on the ShoutFactory forums has posted the following recently at that forum in a thread with fans expressing their desire for Dennis the Menace on DVD.

Sounds promosing, especially now that we're hearing about the Facts of Life being licensed from Sony.

I'd also hope they'd keep the classic animated Screen Gems closing with "This is a Screen Gems Film Production filmed at the Hollywood Studios of Columbia Pictures", or something close to that. Wouldn't be a chance of that being intact if Sony did this inhouse, as other Sony releases like the Facts of Life shows.

I've recently watched television recordings of mine of the first three seasons of Dennis the Menace, and it's all been excellent and holds up extremely well. The only duds in the first three seasons is a few shows after the death of Joseph Kearns late in season 3. So I'd love to see Shout Factory license this next from Sony.

Well, it would be a disgrace if Shout Factory released Leave it to Beaver and not its counterpart Dennis the Menace. Given the amount of rare titles that have been released on DVD by this company in recent years, I will not be surprised to see Dennis being in one of the next few batches of rare classic tv releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks