What's new

Fable (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Finally finished this one over the weekend. The game was fun, but not all that I expected, but I gather that ever Peter M realized that the game got overhyped and over-promised. for what we did get though (technical glitches aside) this game was definitely on par with any of the recent Zelda games. I'd really like to see where they can go with this one in a sequel.

I don't really feel like playing through a second time just yet. I think that the biggest thing for me is just that the story doesn't really seem to change at all if you're good or evil. KOTOR was fundamentally different as an evil character, and I had no problem starting that one up a second time right after I finished it. Fable though-I don't know. Maybe once the first pass isn't quite so fresh in my mind I'll give it another shot...

James T

Screenwriter
I took a break from playing the Sims 2 this week to play this game. So far, it's pretty good.

Can someone tell me where the sword in the stone is? I found it before near the start of the game, but I was weak at that time. I now have level 7 strength and health, so that may change.

James T

Screenwriter
Thanks. After I read the post, I went and started playing. While searching the map for the temple, I accidently moved the cursor over quests and realized that it was listed.

And I kinda mispoke about my stats. I had leve 6, but I believe you need a leve 7.

I think I may almost be done the game as well. I talked to the Guildmaster and he mentioned if I take the quest he suggested, all my previous or outstanding quests will be lost.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

Yep, that's the final story quest (more or less) - it's an extended sequence though you do have opportunities to save (and level up) whilst doing it.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Just bought this game yesterday and logged a few hours into it. It seems good so far, but after reading all these posts Im wondering if I should've bought used. Oh well, I'll play a little tonight, but I cant shake the Halo 2 itch, Im always playing that. Like when I was playing Fable, I felt guilty cause I wanted to log in more hours on Halo 2. How many hours do you think it will take to beat Fable?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks