1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

F/S: Harman Kardon AVR-8000 THX Ultra Receiver

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Patrick D, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Patrick D

Patrick D Well-Known Member

For sale... Harman Kardon AVR-8000 THX Ultra Receiver. Top of the line, until it was discontinued for the lower-priced (and lower-spec'd) 7000 series. One heavy beast, with 5 channels of built in amplification (125W), and full support for two more (just add your favorite external amp). $675 + shipping, which is likely to be a lot as the receiver is about 80lbs. I'll eat 50% of the shipping total, since I'm not using this receiver and I want someone to be happy with it (I'm using an Anthem AVM-30 right now).

Unit is in very good condition, except the remote, on which the backlight doesn't work (it never did, and it's the second remote I got from H/K after the first one was DOA, but I never used the original remote anyway).

From the marketing blurb:

More at: http://www.harmankardon.com/product_...sjump=&#active

2. DavidAMennie

DavidAMennie Well-Known Member

The specs say it weighs 53lbs, not 80..

3. Serge Breton

Serge Breton Well-Known Member

that's a steal! I love mine, and i have owned seperates.

4. Patrick D

I recall it being about 80lbs to ship when I bought it. I put it on the scale and you're right, it's 56 lbs for just the receiver. After packaging + assorted gizmos it's probably around 70lbs. I have the original box but probably not the extra double box from the original shipment; nonetheless, this will end up being sent double-boxed to avoid damage.

5. Patrick D

Price adjusted to $650 and $30 flat ground shipping (to the U.S.). I have three receivers in my living room, help me clean it up because I know you want this one in yours. [​IMG]

6. Allan 1963

Allan 1963 New Member