What's new

F.B.I. from WBA (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Jack P /t/309795/f-b-i-from-wba/120#post_3862317
Anyway, time to bring on Season 2 and the last year of Stephen Brooks and the first year of Marvin Miller's narration wraparounds!
You've already part-answered a question I wanted to ask about the remaining eight seasons of The F.B.I. Cast changes aside, were there any changes to the title sequence, the presentation of the show and the end credits?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Starting in Season 3, the title sequence became shorter, or at least it's shorter with the theme music truncated from the S1 and S2 version. Specifically the part of the theme that plays over the various buildings of Washington, DC filling the screen before we get to "The FBI" announcement was now lost. The original long version of the theme would not be restored until Season 9, the last season when a newer title sequence was constructed.
The end title credits were always changed each year to show Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. driving a new model Ford through the streets of Washington. The end title theme also became more truncated starting in Season 3 as well. So Seasons 1 and 2 are also the best years for hearing the theme music until Season 9.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for answering my question Jack. Looking forward to the first bit of news about the second season. This one had 29 episodes (unless there was another episode which doesn't appear on EpGuides' episode list for The F.B.I.), the third season had 27 episodes and Seasons 4-8 all having 26 episodes each.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Jack, another question....is there any music in the second and third seasons of The FBI which could create music replacement problems?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It was a little longer wait than I would have liked but it looks like we've got April 3 as the date for S2! This brings some adjustments to the show with the Marvin Miller narration and it's the last year for Stephen Brooks as Jim Rhodes. April 3 and April 10 collectively will be big days for me!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Jack P /t/309795/f-b-i-from-wba/120#post_3894774
It was a little longer wait than I would have liked but it looks like we've got April 3 as the date for S2! This brings some adjustments to the show with the Marvin Miller narration and it's the last year for Stephen Brooks as Jim Rhodes. April 3 and April 10 collectively will be big days for me!
Some news at last on The F.B.I.'s second season. It's a few months later than originally thought (the second season could have been released at the end of last year, with the third season sometime at the start of this year). Well, the first third of this year has some good titles being released, and these releases (assuming you mean the first half of the second season is being released on April 3rd, with the second half released a week later) strengthen that belief.

Many thanks for sharing this news Jack.

EDIT: Correction - both parts of the second season of The F.B.I. are being released on April 3rd (although this isn't confirmed at the moment, and is subject to change).

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
THey're both being released April 3. I should have clarified that April 10 is a big day for me too with "Night Gallery", "Adam-12" and "Car 54 Where Are You?" so on the heels of this announcement, this will be an expensive two weeks for me!

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Bring on Season Three and William Reynolds- the show will be at its most stable period for the next couple of years (until Hoover died and Reynolds was replaced by Shelly Novack)!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Jack P /t/309795/f-b-i-from-wba/120#post_3894848
THey're both being released April 3. I should have clarified that April 10 is a big day for me too with "Night Gallery", "Adam-12" and "Car 54 Where Are You?" so on the heels of this announcement, this will be an expensive two weeks for me!
Corrected my previous post to show that both halves of the second season will be released on April 3rd (subject to change).

Fingers crossed that the third season is released around the middle of this year.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Looks like we've got an earlier release date for S2, coming next week! That certainly improves the prospects for getting into the Reynolds era this calendar year (though I don't like how the theme music became truncated starting in S3).

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I've placed my pre-order from Warner Archive and for next day shipping too! (That's how much I want this right away)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Jack, are both volumes of the second season going to be "digitally remastered", like wiith the first season of The F.B.I.?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If the use the same masters that we saw in the old AOL TV online service they should look just like S1.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
The first season wasn't remastered, as far as I know, at least that's what it says on their site. It still looks very good though, and sometimes I prefer it that way because you just don't know what they might alter in a remastering process where not only dirt is attended to.

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
Warner Archive is offering a free stream of the episode "The Courier" through 2/17:
http://www.wbshop.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-WB-Site/default/Search-Show?cgid=WACStreamTheater

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks