What's new

Eyeglasses from Walmart (1 Viewer)

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
I have gotten glasses there for my kids, using prescriptions from my regular eye doctor (insurance covers contacts OR glasses and the kid chose contacts from the regular optometrist). The boy was satisfied.

Real Name
Dan
Jim Mcc said:
Thanks guys. So do they just honor certain insurance companies? Was the exam and glasses priced reasonably?
I don't know about the insurance thing, as I have none, but I did feel that the services were priced reasonably.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Yes, priced reasonablyy; that's why I got my kids' backup eyewear there. They do take a couple of different insurance plans, not mine though.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I had been watching this thread to see of more data was forthcoming as I had decided to go the Wallymart route. My experience was about as good as anyone could hope for. Exam was throrough yet, and on time, received glasses in a week and both pairs are great (one set of progressive lens with magnetic "shades" and one set of single vision for distance). Costwise, I am also happy. I think the experience might vary from location to location, but overall I am giving this a .

greentaloy

Auditioning
Real Name
taloy
Walmart is always sell entry/Middle level Products with so-so quality, once I bought a glass and later it's not good or not bad from my experience....

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by greentaloy /t/320751/eyeglasses-from-walmart#post_3934698
Walmart is always sell entry/Middle level Products with so-so quality, once I bought a glass and later it's not good or not bad from my experience....
Are you saying you bought a glass or a pair of prescription eyeglasses?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
greentaloy said:
Im very confused also

Real Name
Dan
ChristopherG said:
Are you saying you bought a glass or a pair of prescription eyeglasses?
Chris,
I have changed my mind on getting glasses from walmart. The pair I had just basically disintegrated. I spent a total of 200 dollars and now the frame is broken beyond repair. It didn't even last me 8 months. If you are going to get some, perhaps try more expensive lens.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I have actually been very happy with the Sears Optical in my area for the last several years. The prices are reasonable (and they are often running specials that are better than what most insurances offer), and usually offer a 1-year warranty on both frames and lenses.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I got my glasses at Costco back in '06. A couple of months later I went to work (had since gotten a job at Sears) and suddenly one of the lenses fell out. Luckily the lens didn't break. In a panic I went downstairs to the Sears optical. They had everything fixed (turned out Costco had cross-threaded a screw) in a matter of minutes and (probably because I was an employe of Sears) didn't charge me anything. Haven't had a problem since. My next pair will be from Sears.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I have found over the years that a good optician or optical dept normally will not charge you for a simple repair, mostly as a courtesy in a hope to secure your business.

Originally Posted by Steve Schaffer /t/320751/eyeglasses-from-walmart#post_3951138
I got my glasses at Costco back in '06. A couple of months later I went to work (had since gotten a job at Sears) and suddenly one of the lenses fell out. Luckily the lens didn't break. In a panic I went downstairs to the Sears optical. They had everything fixed (turned out Costco had cross-threaded a screw) in a matter of minutes and (probably because I was an employe of Sears) didn't charge me anything. Haven't had a problem since. My next pair will be from Sears.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I suppose time will tell and it has only been a couple of months, but my glasses are holding up very well. So far zero issues, however if any develop I will post back and share findings. I still can't say anything bad about by Wallymart prescription eyeglass experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks