1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Extending wire

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by MikeGee, Feb 19, 2005.

1. MikeGee

MikeGee Well-Known Member

I have a subwoofer in my trunk and i need about.. maybe 8" of extra wire to connect it perfectly.. is there a way i can extend the wire by just adding the extra 8" i need without having to rewire it?
    The problem is its pretty heavy gauge wire so its not really easy to twist.

2. Jason Fulton

Jason Fulton Active Member

Twist it with pliers the best you can, then solder it and it won't go anywhere.

3. Denton

Denton Well-Known Member

Denton
    I assume you are talking about the power lead. (?)

If that is the case, I have seen adapters sold to do exactly what you want. Just make sure you insulate the "splice" carefully.

4. Tyler Merrick

Tyler Merrick Member

I used a power distribution center, you can find some examples on the crutchfield site. Once you are there goto car audio section under installation and accessories and then the amplifier section. There you will find a link to power distribution hardware they range from $25 - $80. There should be one there to fit your needs

5. danielPtolbert

danielPtolbert Active Member

Solder?? if that won't work use a distro block, but if you get it off of crutch field, it would prob be cheaper to re-wire IMHO