What's new

Express.com Customer Service (or lack thereof)? (1 Viewer)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I'm trying to get hold of Express.com's customer service, which seems nonexistent. The 888-exchange phone number on my receipt is constantly busy and the (310) area code number (for foreign calls) refuses to put you through to an operator.
I sent off an email to [email protected] but have yet to hear anything back about my order for Sennheiser headphones (yeah, I know it's a long shot based on the price, but I want to make sure it either goes or doesn't go through before looking around some more) that I placed nearly a month ago.
Any suggestions?
Thanks much.

Daniel L

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah... make sure you haven't been charged.
Mark, good luck on your attempts to contact them.
I don't understand this. The company has filed for Chapter 11 and new owner has bought them. Why are people still ordering from this dead company?
The same can be said for Buy.com who's just BSing everyone. Blaming thier credit card company's backing out for thier "potential" shutdown on September 1st. If they had not wasted millions of investment capital by gaining market share, and instead created a profitable business model, they wouldn't be going under.
Biggest falsehood, and philosphy, of the internet.
"We'll make up for our losses by selling in volume."
Good for the consumer, stupid for the business.
Daniel L
[Edited last by Daniel L on August 23, 2001 at 06:39 PM]

James D

Second Unit
Any update regarding the headphones? I also ordered the Sennheiser HD600's at the end of July and my order status still states that it is pending and backordered. I'm certainly not holding my breath, but if they are not going to fulfill this order, I would like to know so that I can start looking elsewhere.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
James,
I'm with you there. My Sennheiser headphones (the 545s, not the 600s) were stolen in a burglary in June and I really was looking forward to getting these.
When I heard that Express was fulfilling most of the DVD and CD orders during their sale, I decided to take a chance-- but would rather have my order be cancelled outright than permanently "backordered." Being unable to contact them means that I can't cancel the order myself and order directly through Sennheiser (whose in-house prices aren't half bad).
Daniel is probably right when we should have been worried about this deal given Express' track record, but I figured that since they were coming through on a variety of other orders that they would have at least been honest about the pricing/availability of these headphones.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
I tried ordering during the sale.
They're not accepting foreign orders, but I keep receiving email solicitiation.
dumbass comeback if you ask me.
I buy 3 DVDs a day.
------------------
Yumbo - IMDVD

Users who are viewing this thread