1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Experience with Accessories4Less?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Bruce White, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Bruce White

Bruce White Well-Known Member

Who has done business with Accessories4Less? I am strongly leaning toward picking up my receiver from them along with an extended warranty. I believe Onkyo's usual warranty for a new receiver is a limited 2 year warranty, whereas the factory refurbs at A4L is only 1 year. I could pick up the maximum extended warranty for $50, bringing it to 5 years.

Has anyone had to "use" their warranty with A4L? If so, how does it work?

Thanks for your insights!

Bruce

2. Type A

Type A HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

Ty
    Lots of folks have done business with them. I personally have ordered two receivers from them and have no complaints. I would imagine their extended warranty is solid but I dont have any personal experience with it.

3. Phil A

Phil A Premium
    Supporter

Phil
    I've bought a receiver and later an iPod dock for it and no complaints and I recommended a friend who bought a receiver with no complaints. I went with the extended warranty from Warrantech on mine. They are an independent network, however, I have noted that not all are happy with them on reviews - http://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/warrantech.aspx

4. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Warrantech is also sold by ProjectorPeople.

5. gene c

gene c Well-Known Member

Gene
    Ac4l.com now uses New Leaf as their warranty company. A quick search shows New Leaf was started by two guys that also started Warrantech. The BBB gives them an A- rating but I don't think they have been in business very long. Everythings a gamble no matter what or where you buy but I still think a

6. Bruce White

Bruce White Well-Known Member

I went ahead and ordered an Onkyo TX-NR717 from Accessories4Less + extended warranty. Thanks, all!

7. Brainwasher

Brainwasher Well-Known Member

Luke
    I have had a few orders with them, including a surge protector. Everything went smooth. The shipping was a bit slow, but arrived in good shape and worked as advertised. I would rate them well as an online vendor.

8. David+H

David+H Member

I just purchased a Denon AVR 1913 from A4L and things went smoothly. Ordered online Monday and it arrived Fed Ex ground today (Wednesday). I have not set it up yet to confirm it works but the ordering and shipping process was quick and easy

9. Dalton

Dalton Well-Known Member

I have made a couple of reciver purchases from them with no problems.

10. rajkiran610

rajkiran610 New User

Raj
    I am planning to order refurbished Yamaha Home theatre from Accessories4less. I haven't purchased anything from this site before. Does any one have purchased from this site recently? Please share you experience.

Thanks,

Raj

11. Phil A

Phil A Premium
    Supporter

Phil
    I wouldn't worry too much about a standard purchased as they are factory authorized. The big question above appears to be the extended warranty (beyond) the one year you get which is done by a third party. I'll likely buy a couple of receivers over the next year or so from them. Just waiting for newer technology to get into what they carry.

12. gene c

gene c Well-Known Member

Gene
    Ac4l has added a few brands over the last couple of years including Wharfdale, KEF, Cambridge Audio and a few Integra models.

Many ac4l avr's come with free shipping but if you want to return it they will deduct the shipping charges from the refund amount. I'm sure other e-tailers do the same thing but just thought I'd mention it.

Also, after you've selected a receiver check Amazon and others for a price comparison. Example: right now Amazon has the Yamaha 1030 new for $699 shipped. Same as ac4l for a refurb.

Otherwise, buy with confidence from ac4l.com. They're not perfect either but Denon, Yamaha, Marantz, etc. wouldn't hitch their wagon to them if they weren't legit.