What's new

Experience buying a large TV online (1 Viewer)

Dave Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
If I can't find the TV I'm looking for at my local stores, is it safe to purchase - say a >50" LCD TV - from an internet source?

I guess my concerns are damage in shipping, and getting repairs/service if necessary. Is there a list of recommended online retailers where people have had good experiences? Or a stay away from list?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Two that I've read from other folks, saying they did very well with this concern, is Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more and Crutchfield: LCD TV, Car Audio, Home Theater, Speakers, Plasma TV
I'm sure there are more good ones...............
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Craig

Second Unit
Amazon & OneCall are probably my two favorite online retailers. I bought a 56" DLP TV from Amazon and didn't have any problems. OneCall has always been a very reliable online dealer and I've bought a lot of electronics from them, but not a TV.

I've also bought a good bit of stuff from Circuit City online, including a 50" plasma tv and never had a problem. I've mainly bought online from CC to avoid having to deal with the local CC salesmen trying to sell me extended warranties and bunches of overpriced cables. However, I always check the local store for prices first since I've found that the local store sometimes has items on sale for lower prices than what is listed on the web.

RichM

Agent
I just purchased a 46" Toshiba Plasma from Amazon.com and it was a good experience. They delivered and set-up the TV on the stand and placed it where I wanted with no issues. The installers didn't really understand how to hook up the STB but I really didn't want them too anyway. They see to only want to hook up an antennae or a direct cable.

Anyway, they were in and out of the house within 15 minutes.

I used Amazon because it was interest free for 24 months using the Amazon.com card.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
I purchased my Pioneer 53" CRT based HD-RPTV on-line from OneCall. It was delivered on-time and in perfect condition. I've made a number of smaller purchases from OneCall and they also arrived in prefect considiton and on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks