What's new

Excuses you will use to get out of Work to see SWII (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Terrell, I've seen plenty of movies alone! Just make sure it's OK with her, and make sure you're alright with it. I wouldn't have the patience to wait...you'll have to avoid the threads here!

Just have fun,

Chuck

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
So far, I know at least a dozen people (seriously) who are going to the midnight show. And I'm in High School. If we take off, then the economy doesn't suffer, so I guess its ok.

Tim Maynard

Stunt Coordinator
Here's pretty much what I said.

"Hey, "boss", as we aren't too busy at the moment, would it be alright if I took half a day off on the 16th so I can go to the movies?"

His reply, "That's the first time one of my employees has ever asked for time off work to go to the flicks... mind you, I have done it myself before."

And with that, I am going the the 9:50a.m. showing at my local theater. Going to be a blast.

Reni D

Stunt Coordinator
Local news ran a report here in S.Florida last night on how work productivity in many companies will suffer tommorrow due to people leaving work early or not going to work period to see Star Wars.
It was funny as hell you think it was the second coming....:D

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Taking a day of vacation. Most people don't "skip" work, they take time off from work, time they have coming. The "lost productivity" articles are complete BS, btw, for that very reason. Doesn't matter if I take a day of vacation to play golf, go on a trip, or go to the movies, I'm entitled to vacation which means, according to websters, "a period spent away from home or business in travel or recreation". My recreation tomorrow is a movie :)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I just told my boss I'm taking the 16th off. I have plenty of leave so it's never a problem. My brother and I are heading to catch the 12 PM showing on the 16th. We'll probably go back this weekend and watch it a few more times. God we're geeks...

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
As I type this it's 9:15am EST, my ticket says 12:01am EST ... that's almost fifteen hours until I get to sit in the theater with my Cherry Coke watching the goodness that is Episode II. Does anyone know what to do when stuck at work and struck with a severe attack of geek? Fifteen frickin' hours... I'm off tomorrow and I can see it again and again, already have tickets. But right now I'm in my chair at the office, typing on the keyboard, searching for meaning...
:)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I'm "working" from home. :emoji_thumbsup: Have tix for 11:45AM, I just couldn't get up for a midnight show this time around or seeing it multiple times the first day like I did with Menace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks