What's new

EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT: Twilight Time November/December 2014 Releases (1 Viewer)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Anyone else get some weird security issue in both Firefox and IE when checking out? I couldn't check out in either despite choosing to make the site an exception. I had to use Chrome in order to order, which finally allowed me to pay for it and confirm the order.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
JoHud said:
Anyone else get some weird security issue in both Firefox and IE when checking out? I couldn't check out in either despite choosing the make the site an exception. I had to use Chrome in order to order, which finally allowed me to pay for it and confirm the order.
Looks like SAE's web site cert expired in the last couple of hours. Epic fail on the part of whoever's running the site.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Me three - I tried to log into my account last night and got the security warning. Will check back in later today to see if this is fixed. Obviously I'm not going to order from an unsecure website.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
How sad I am for Twilight Time when these things happen. I know they are so customer based in their practice that I am sure they are trying to find out from SAE what the problem is.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I still haven't received my Blob pre-order. Just received my Criterion flash sale items and an distripix pre-order from last week. Still nothing from Screen Archives. When I pre-ordered the Blob, I had to do it on my cell phone since I couldn't get the page to load at all on my firefox browser at work.

They really need to work on the customer service aspects...

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Just successfully ordered:

Birdman Of Alcatraz
Judgment At Nuremberg
The Twilight Samurai
When The Wind Blows

The first of several expensive TT months coming up...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Press Release 12/01/2014​
Twilight Time proudly brings a “farce of rare order” to Blu-Ray for the first time, with superstars Warren Beatty and Jack Nicholson steering the laughs!
THE FORTUNE
Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release​
Only 3,000 units available at​
Once they are gone – they are gone!​
RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9TH, 2014
“Very funny, manically scatterbrained…nobly conceived in an era that has just about abandoned farce…The Fortune is farce of a rare order.”—Vincent Canby, The New York Times
“An offbeat but often hilarious comedy…a catalogue of slapstick errors…works well through the fine performances of the leads and the superb timing of director Nichols.”—TV Guide
In The Fortune (1975), a period-set comedy from director Mike Nichols (The Graduate), Jack Nicholson and Warren Beatty star—and we do mean star—as a pair of hapless con men attempting to separate a madcap heiress (the marvelous Stockard Channing, making her movie début) from her very attractive money. Stylish, witty, and entertainingly nasty, the film features superlative work from a host of 1970s superstars: screenwriter Adrien Joyce (pseudonym for Five Easy Pieces’ Carole Eastman), cinematographer John A. Alonzo (Chinatown), production designer Richard Sylbert (Rosemary’s Baby), costume designer Anthea Sylbert (Chinatown), and the utterly distinctive composer David Shire (The Conversation), who provides an adapted score.
LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time brings the incomparable BARBRA STREISAND back to the dazzling Blu-Ray format, in the long sought after follow-up, to the unforgettable FUNNY LADY, in another superb performance for this multi-talented star!
“FUNNY LADY”
“Barbra Streisand was outstanding as the younger Fanny Brice in Funny Girl, and in Funny Lady she’s even better. Ray Stark’s extremely handsome period production also stars James Caan in an excellent characterization of Billy Rose, the second major influence in Brice’s personal life.” —Variety
Funny Lady is superb entertainment. The score includes a lot of fine old standards written by the late Mr. Rose (“Me and My Shadow,” “More Than You Know,” “Paper Moon”) and a bunch of new songs by John Kander and Fred Ebb…talented composers.”
Vincent Canby, The New York Times
The indelible Barbra Streisand stars in Funny Lady (1975), follow-up to 1968’s award-winning Funny Girl, continuing the saga of sterling entertainer Fanny Brice (Streisand), as fabled on-stage as she was unlucky in love. Divorced from love-of-her-life gambler Nick Arnstein (Omar Sharif), Fanny now finds herself entangled with brash showman/songwriter Billy Rose, pugnaciously incarnated by James Caan. Directed by Herbert Ross (The Turning Point, Footloose), the film was nominated for five Academy Awards®, including Best Cinematography (by the legendary James Wong Howe) and Best Song (“How Lucky Can You Get,” from Cabaret’s John Kander and Fred Ebb).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time proudly brings BARBRA STEISAND’S poignant “signature” masterpiece to the dazzling Blu-Ray format, in what has been described as the “performance of a lifetime” for this legendary star and filmmaker!
YENTL
“Like all great fables, it grows out of a particular time and place, but it takes its strength from universal sorts of feelings…charming and moving and surprisingly interesting.”—Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
Yentl reveals itself to those willing to look as a richly detailed, humorous, and poignant love letter to a world and culture gone by…succeeds as both an old-fashioned tribute to tradition and a contemporary exploration of an independent woman’s battle against a rigidly patriarchal system—not coincidentally echoing Streisand’s own film career.” —Luisa F. Ribeiro, Baltimore City Paper
Starring, directed, and co-written (with Jack Rosenthal) by the legendary Barbra Streisand, Yentl (1983) is a romantic musical drama adapted from Isaac Bashevis Singer’s story about a Jewish girl (Streisand) who, after her beloved scholar-father’s death, disguises herself as a young man so she can continue her education in Talmudic Law. Her deception involves her in a triangle with an attractive fellow student (Mandy Patinkin) and his subservient fiancée (Amy Irving). Featuring an Oscar®-winning score by Michel Legrand, with lyrics by Marilyn and Alan Bergman.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time proudly brings OLIVER STONE’S brutal, but poignant masterpiece to Blu-Ray for the very first time – not to be missed!
HEAVEN AND EARTH

“Oliver Stone’s unrelenting epic about a Vietnamese woman’s experience of war…moments of power and empathy…the women’s movie to end all women’s movies —David Denby, New York Magazine
“In a time when few American directors are drawn toward political controversy, Stone seeks it out. He loves big subjects and approaches them fearlessly…viewing the war through the eyes of a Vietnamese woman…who represents all of the ordinary people who wanted only to get on with their ordinary lives.”
—Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times

Heaven and Earth touches the heart not only as a cross-cultural treasure but as Oliver Stone’s most soulful movie.”
Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, Sprituality & Practice
Oliver Stone concludes his Vietnam Trilogy (also including Platoon and Born on the Fourth of July) with Heaven and Earth (1993), based on the memoirs of Le Ly Hayslip. Born in a small, peaceful village in French Colonial Vietnam, Le Ly (Hiep Thi Le), like her country, is thrown into chaos inflicted equally by the Viet Cong, the South Vietnamese government, and invading American forces. Brutalized in every imaginable way, this young woman looks for rescue to an American soldier (Tommy Lee Jones), only to find more trouble in store when she comes to America as his bride.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time proudly brings STANLEY KRAMER’S passionate “courtroom” drama to Blu-Ray – the recipient of four Academy Award nominations ®
INHERIT THE WIND

“What is astonishing in this 1960 film is the gutsy way it engages in ideas, pulls no punches in its language, and allows the characters long and impassioned speeches...Both Tracy and March vent an anger and passion through their characters that ventures beyond acting into holy zeal.” —Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
“Mr. Kramer has wonderfully accomplished not only a graphic fleshing of his theme but he also has got one of the most brilliant and engrossing displays of acting ever witnessed on the screen.”
Bosley Crowther, The New York Times
Producer-director Stanley Kramer’s Inherit the Wind (1960) is a classic courtroom drama based on the real-life Scopes “Monkey” Trial of 1925. Here, a Clarence Darrow-like defense attorney (Spencer Tracy) faces off against a fundamentalist prosecutor (Fredric March) in the case of a young schoolteacher (Dick York) brought to trial for breaking a “wicked law” (in the words of Tracy’s civil libertarian lawyer) that forbids the teaching of evolution in local public schools. Creationism versus evolution is the still-relevant theme of the film, which passionately asserts “the right to think.” Nominated for four Academy Awards®.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time proudly brings a “lost treasure” to Blu-Ray for the first time!
THE PRIME OF MISS JEAN BRODIE
“Maggie Smith’s tour-de-force performance as a school-teacher slipping into spinsterhood is one of several notable achievements in this sentimental and macabre personal tragedy…The telling involves elements of warm humor, biting sarcasm, pity, contempt, betrayal, and despair.” —Variety

“Miss Smith…is simply great. It’s the kind of performance that not only has meaning within the context of the movie, but also can be consciously enjoyed as the work of an individual, fully developed intelligence exercising its talents for the sheer joy of it.”
Vincent Canby, The New York Times
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (1969) stars the brilliantly sly, marvelously intelligent Maggie Smith in an Oscar®-winning performance as the eponymous and unforgettable 1930s-era Edinburgh schoolteacher. Miss Brodie would rather instruct her favorites (including Pamela Franklin as a very clever pupil, indeed) in the passions and profundities of “Life”—a tendency that is beginning to get her in trouble with her school’s stern headmistress (the inimitable Celia Johnson). Further difficulties are presented by Miss B’s fascist politics and unconventional relationships with a pair of colleagues: the kindly Mr. Lowther (Gordon Jackson) and the far more devilish Mr. Lloyd (the dashing Robert Stephens). Adapted by Jay Presson Allen from her play based on the novel by Muriel Spark; directed by Ronald Neame; and featuring music by Rod McKuen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks