1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Examination of Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jeffery Allen, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Jeffery Allen

Jeffery Allen Member

I have been going through my VHS collection for the past couple of weeks and came across a 30 minute program from Creative Arts Television called "An Examination of Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange." It is a 30 minute talking head interview program from the time the film was originally released with William Everson interviewing Anthony Burgess and Malcolm McDowell with a short segment focusing on (then) Walter Carlos' score with numerous stills of Carlos in his studio. It may be an episode of a television series called "Camera Three", probably British, but there is no opening title sequence so I am not sure.
    My tape is all but disintegrated and I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a possible supplement on the upcoming CLOCKWORK ORANGE SE DVD or if it is available on any other DVD. It is a fascinating and completely engrossing piece and one of the most informative film pieces I've ever seen on Kubrick.

Thanks,

Jeff

2. paul_austin

paul_austin Well-Known Member

great find!

3. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Well-Known Member

Wow, nice bit of VHS digging, there, Jeff! That would be a great supplment.

When are we likely to see the Kubrick SEs - October/November?

4. ErichH

ErichH Well-Known Member

Interesting - There's an amount of stuff on CO in the Life In Pictures doc (Kubrick Collection) but I can't remember what's on the disk in the set, other than the movie.

E

5. Bill Huelbig

Bill Huelbig Well-Known Member

Bill Huelbig
    Jeffery said:

"It may be an episode of a television series called "Camera Three", probably British, but there is no opening title sequence so I am not sure."

"Camera Three" was a CBS Sunday morning show which first went on the air in the 1950's and went on into the '80's, I think. They also did an episode on "2001: A Space Odyssey" and one on Bernard Herrmann.