What's new

EVITA- bluray 5-22-12. (1 Viewer)

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Moe Dickstein said:
No, I was living in Chicago at the time, so I saw it on my birthday New Year Eve and opening day there at Piper's Alley then various other theaters in the area over the next several months. Still my second favorite musical after 1776.
From what little I know of the Dome (never having seen a film in that house, but only in the other Arclight houses in the complex) is that the screen is tremendously curved, and so it doesn't surprise me that they would attempt to put something flatter up.
Yes, the screen is tremendously curved and seriously huge. I lived in LA for quite a few years and saw many films there, both current and classic; Evita was the only time the screen was altered when I was there. I always loved the Dome and saw anything there I could. The curve of the screen never bothered me at all. Among the films I saw there were Raiders of the Lost Ark, Back to the Future, Jaws, Wizard of Oz, Close Encounters, Ben Hur, Guns of Navarone, Spartacus, West Side Story, 1941, Hunt for Red October, Bridge on the River Kwai, 2001, Gone with the Wind, Star Trek III and IV, ET, Dreamgirls, Tootsie, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, It Happened One Night, and more I can't remember at the moment. The last movie I saw there was Quantum of Solace when I was visiting family.
I recommend you check it out at least once, it's spectacular.
Perhaps the JDC Scope didn't look good that big - maybe it was the size as well as the curve. The flat screen they put up was much smaller than the actual screen. Still, it was odd how it spilled over into the masking.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
This blu-ray looks and sounds fantastic, especially the DTS-HD MA 5.1 soundtrack. It puts the old DVD to shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks