What's new

EVGA 8800GTS and HDCP with DVI (1 Viewer)

Al_S

Second Unit
I have an EVGA 8800GTS 320MB card and just purchased an LG Blu Ray/HD DVD ROM drive for my PC. When I try to play a movie I receive an error stating that my video card is not HDCP enabled. I installed the latest video driver and it still does not work. I called EVGA support but they were no help telling to switch to the VGA input. Does anybody know what I can do to play a movie over my DVI connection to my LCD monitor. My Sceptre 22" Gamer monitor is HDCP compliant. The box to my video card states that it is HDCP capable.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
First what is the model of your player? Sony has alot of know issues with Blu-Ray as well as alot of others. HD-DVD seems to be a bit better with not having these problems apparently.

First, make sure your monitor is running at it's native resolution. If that doesn't work, try every other resolution and play the video. Sometimes monitors will only run HDCP compliance in certain video sizes... Don't know why. :-

Also, what DVD program are you using? Some earlier programs have problems with HDCP Compliance. Make sure you have the most recent update of your DVD Player software. If you don't, un-install it and get the most recent version and re-install it. Don't just patch it!

The video card is definantly complaint as well as monitor. Double check you are using a DVI cable though, not VGA.

Also, running two monitors will work so make sure you are using only one, and that the second one is definantly disabled.

If you still can't get it to work there is software that will ultimately bypass it so you won't get that crap. Here is the link:

SlySoft AnyDVD HD

Hope something I said helps.

Al_S

Second Unit
Thanks for the info. I did try the AnyDVD software but the picture came out really grainy. I have ordered a new video card with HDMI out and will be trying that to see if that solves my problem.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well if you do purchase a new one I would be interested in your 8800gts card. Let me know if you are interested to sell it if you do go down that route.

Al_S

Second Unit
I purchased a Palit Radeon 2600 XT Super Video Card - 512MB with HDMI out. It does pass the video now for both HD DVD and Blu-Ray and it does look great. The only problem now is that my LCD monitor is not 1080 native so when I move to my desktop it can be kind of grainy looking. I guess that is the tradeoff. I may start looking for an LCD that is 1080 native with an HDMI input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks