What's new

Everyones opinion on the NAD 762 (1 Viewer)

MarkLaf

Stunt Coordinator
What is everyones general opinion of the nad 762 reciever been looking at this for a while know and I think that I might purchase soon. Looking for anything really pertaining to sound quality and build quality!

Thanks,

Mark

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Both excellent, I've had mine since March. The component video switching has also simplified my life greatly (I had a 770).

Jonathan M

Second Unit
Yesterday I popped open my T752 to do the microchip upgrade, and I can vouch for the build quality - very good indeed. The transformer is huge, and the amps are well made with plenty of heat sinking (+ a fan for good measure).

You can't go wrong with the T762 IMO. Here's a photo of the internals of the T752...

MarkLaf

Stunt Coordinator
great thanks for the photo what is the microship upgrade going to do?

I havent seen any upgrades on Nad's website?

Mark

Jonathan M

Second Unit
Upgrades fix a few annoyances some users have had (The Volume tick issue, and digital muting problem) as well as adding a few extras such as renaming of inputs (T762 has this out of the box) and ability to disable the temporary OSD when one alters volume etc (Can cause noise issues such as the volume tick).

Basically it upgrades to v1.20 of the software (at least on my T752).

I'll be doing a write up tonight probably and it'll be postedon my website:

DIY Hometheatre site

There's just a couple of pics showing version no's at the moment. I'll repost here when I get the full writeup done.

MarkLaf

Stunt Coordinator
I should be able to contact NAD about upgrades to the 762 once I have purchased it? I just go tthe 521i cd player using analog outs right now and it sounds amazing I havent had any time to try the coax out but I am sure it sounds better!

Great website by the way looks good and lots of info.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks