What's new

Ever wish to see TV DVD Manufacturing Process? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

On the History Channel and a few others, there are programs that show the various processes and histories that go into making candies, toys, books, tools, etc. I'm sure some of you have seen bits of these shows as you've turned the channels over the years, but have you ever wished they'd do an episode on turning regular tv episodes into TV DVDs. I have to admit I'm curious to see how a restoration team, goes through the process of tracking down the best prints of a show, restore them, and then convert them into DVDs.

Any of you curious as well?

Comments?

James

MattHR

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by JamesSmith

Dear Guys:

On the History Channel and a few others, there are programs that show the various processes and histories that go into making candies, toys, books, tools, etc. I'm sure some of you have seen bits of these shows as you've turned the channels over the years, but have you ever wished they'd do an episode on turning regular tv episodes into TV DVDs. I have to admit I'm curious to see how a restoration team, goes through the process of tracking down the best prints of a show, restore them, and then convert them into DVDs.

Any of you curious as well?

Comments?

James

I'd be really interested in seeing the complete process that allowed the abomination that is The Bionic Woman: Season Two to make it to the marketplace as is.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Yes! They have that show on The Food Network, I think, called Unwrapped, where they show similar things.

I've often wondered about this process. I would love them to do a segment on how tv-dvd's get made. It would be great if they followed one such project of Shout Factory from the beginning of the process to the final product. Not sure of the legalities surrounding what they can and can't show for the early licensing stages but I'm sure they could work around that and give a general idea until the production steps come into play.

This is a great idea. Some network needs to do this!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Maybe some latecomers might have some opinions. I'm amazed that Discovery Channel or the History Channel haven't thought of this themselves. Should one of us write to them? And if so what show?

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks