1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever heard of Proson speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Chris Shelly, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly Well-Known Member

I just got back visiting a friend of mine who lives in Norway. He has a pretty nice setup. A Philips 34" or so 16x9 TV an Onkyo Integra Pro Logic Receiver with an external Dolby Digital processor and a Pioneer DVD player.

What interested me the most was his speakers. His speakers were made in Sweden by a company called Proson. The main speakers were towers and were about 4' tall and were horn loaded. The center speaker was also horn loaded. Both were capable of being bi-wired. The surrounds were Proson bookshelf and were not horn loaded.

I was really impressed with the sound quality. They had a lot of high end energy but unlike Klipsch they were not overly bright. They also had no problem playing extremely loud. They must have been pretty efficient because his receiver is only 80 watts.

The kicker is the price he paid. He bought them a few years ago and the center and surrounds were 1,500 NOK and the mains were 2,500 NOK each. Thats about $150 and $250 USD.

Sadly Proson has no US distributor that I can find. Too bad because they could give other brands a real run for the money.

Chris