What's new

Ever Find White Looking Worms In Your Coffee? (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Sorry for quoting myself, but the point is: if those worms really survived for a prolongued time (let's say since the bag was closed), they must have been eating coffee. And that's rather dry as well, but I digress.
So how come they'd not turned brown?

Cees

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Terrible coffee. Without good coffee, they didn't stand a chance in New England. Belying the name, Dunkin Donuts sells coffee, not donuts.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay

HAHAHAHAHA, I'm not a coffee drinker but surrounded by many who are. I have a lot of friends who claim they are not addicted but then I have to stop at a Dunkin Donuts on the way to a hike because I don't have a coffee machine. Then they claim they are not addicted...

OK, from being with friends, I have seen a "french press" in a small package that one can bring along so all you need is a small canister stove or white gas stove or Coleman burner or a campfire for that matter to boil water and some coffee grounds to use in the french press.

For real portability you can make an alcohol stove or a small Esbit type stove (http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...&keyword=81290)

but be prepared to wait as alcohol stoves, albeit light as a penny, are notoriosly slow to boil... (HAVE TO FEED THAT ADDICTION!!!)...

Jay

[edit] ohh, lookee, JetBoil makes a french press addition to their canister stove:

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...0226&langId=-1

So with the purchase of a JetBoil (~60 on sale) and this thing, you can make coffee... Canisters are roughly $5 for ones that fit inside the JetBoil...

p.s. beautiful picture!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
It's kind of bulky. I have seen personal mug sized french presses for backpackers... heck, if you're car camping with hookups, you can bring a coffee machine on a timer as to automatically start up 10-15 minutes before awaking. I have a friend who does just this when car camping.

Jay

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Heck, backpackers should just tough it out and use the better grades of instant - just get the water hot enough to drink. Taster's Choice is available in individual serving envelopes which should be useful to backpackers. Or chew the whole beans while on the trail...just like the Incas chewed coca leaves while on the trail. :laugh:

Photo was shot 9 Oct 07 at Stanley Lake, about 2 hours drive from my house.

CountryBoy84

Auditioning
Real Name
Phil
I just brewed a pot of Millstone Foglifter coffee and when I went to remove the filter full of grounds there were two white looking worms about a half inch long in there.

I'm under the impression this isn't normal for this brand....is it?!?!?!

I've experienced the same with Maxwell House Coffee. Brew fresh with new filter in a regular coffee maker. I brewed in the morning, I forgot to dump the grounds, when I got home in the afternoon after work went to dump the coffee grounds and found little white skinny worms about an 1/8" long in the coffee. I tried to diagnose where they came from, the next morning brewed a 12 cups and put the filter and grounds in sealed container I checked after work and same thing little white worms were in the grounds. Searching online I found your post. Can anyone tell me where these worms are coming from coffee maker is clean, coffee is in sealed container and I use a new filter every pot brewed.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Wow holy thread bump
Wow, holy gross out. I don't think I've ever read a thread title more disgusting.

But here's my contribution...

Bought some really nice fish a few years ago. Cod or some other whitefish. Got home and there were tiny little gold/orange colored worms coming out of it.

Took it back to the store, got a refund, but the butcher/fish guy said it's totally normal, almost all fish have worms. Yuck, oh yuck, yuck, yuck. :eek:

Still eat fish, but I always check carefully and make sure there aren't any extra passengers tagging along.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks