What's new

'Event Horizon' SE: New Information! (1 Viewer)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I believe Adrian Biddle was a camera assistant (or focus puller - I think the UK terminology is different) on Alien and had worked with Ridley Scott on commercials. Aliens was his first film as DP.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
The thing that i hated the most about Event Horizon, and i forget exactly how it worked.For years no one on earth knew what the message was or that it was in Latin, but 1 person on the ship was some kind of Latin expert or something. Just by chance i might add.
The movie is worth a watch, buy if is under $15.

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
Funny...I just happened to watch the dvd last weekend. I think the movie is great, but I don't know if I would want an extended edition. Behind the scenes features, yes. But, sometimes things are best left to the imagination.

Cassy_w

Second Unit
This was shown in High Def some years back, OAR, and the detail was astounding. I have it on D-VHS and it is one of the most detailed 1080i 2.35:1 transfers I have ever seen. Unfortunately the HD version was presented with 2.0 sound. :frowning:

Someone added a 5.1 track and posted it on the internet, so I imagine that must be cool.

This film is flawed, but very effective. There are some sequences that rank among the best horror sequences of all time. Anderson has only gone downhill since. :thumbsdown:

Well, it appears that the film has been classified by the BBFC and its 91 minutes 56 seconds long (this is the PAL version) which is no longer than the previous submissions so unfortunately its not an extended cut.
Paul

Robin_B

Stunt Coordinator

They didn't know about the message until they got to the ship and got into the ship's computer logs. At first they could only hear the recording and someone noticed a voice.

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
This movie creeped me out several times over... I have been waiting for a re-release!

PS What was controversial about the subject?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i found event horizon to be very frustrating.
i should say the ending was.

most of the movie seemed to be about the black hole portal thing, and what was on the other side.

and then we never went to the other side.
the movie just ended.

i didnt like it.
seemed to be missing the real ending.

John*A

Auditioning
According to DVDactive its going to be released on the 18th of April.

(I would've posted the url but I'm a newbie and it wouldn't let me :) )

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Finally!
I recently rented the original release and really couldn't watch with the non-anamorphic transfer. And for that price?

SOLD!
:D

Cassy_w

Second Unit
The High Def version aired years ago and is among the most detailed transfers I have ever seen. 2.0 only though. A shame it wasn't 5.1 as I would not even need HD-DVD/Blue-Ray for this title.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor

If it is priced similarly to the new re-issue of Witness that came out a few months ago, I may have to pick this one up...

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Mike: it had the same MSRP as Witness and I picked it up for $13.99. The price I see listed on Event Horizon: Coll.Ed. is $13.99. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks