What's new

Evening with Kevin Smith DVD (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm surprised nobody has been talking about this yet.

This is actually a pretty excellent little 2 disc set.

It's 16x9 with a great picture.

There are two Easter eggs, sporting each with a question from the audience.

Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes are terrific, but Kevin pretty much takes control,

Very entertaining and informative.
Some stuff you've heard before if your a die hard Smith fan, but some stuff is brand spanking new.

The Superman story(his involvement in writing it) and the Prince story(his secret documentary he filmed of Prince) is worth the price alone.

The editing is kind of weird, as they edit all the Universities together, so You will mysteriously see Jason pop in and out.

The only thing I wanted to see was
Extra footage of when Kevin Smith got kicked out of one university by the union

But overall, a great disc that is a must own.

Jantzen

Stunt Coordinator
There are more easter eggs... these were posted at viewaskew....

Disc One: Highlight "subtitles" in the Main Menu and press right on your remote, the flower will highlight. Select.

Disc One: From the Trailers menu, open and highlight "Spiderman", press right and e=mc2 will light up. Select.

Disc One: Highlight "subtitles" in the Main Menu and select. Highlight "English" and push left twice, which will highlight the Os in the tic-tac-toe grid. Select.

Disc One: Highlight "subtitles" in the Main Menu and select. Highlight "main menu" and push left twice, which will highlight the circle by Kevin's foot. Select.

Disc One: Highlight "scene selection" and select. Go to the second page (5 - 8) and push down twice, which will highlight the eraser. Select.

Disc One: From the Scene Selection menu, press up under the third chapter titled "Look Alikes". Kevin's glasses will highlight. Select.

Disc Two: From the Main Screen, highlight "Play Movie" and press up. The smiley face will highlight. Select.

Disc Two: Highlight "scene selection" and select. Push down twice, which will highlight Kevin's shoe. Select.

Disc Two: Highlight "subtitles" and select. Highlight "english" and push right twice, which highlights the heart. Select.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Kevin,

Personally...
I think you have to be a fan of Kevin Smith or any of his films to truely appreciate this man speak and listen to his stories and enjoy his co*k jokes he makes quite often on this DVD

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I couldn't stop laughing at that Superman story.
If that film was ever made, it would have been so notorious.

Other Easter Eggs are pretty good.

I'd love to see another addition edited together, but maybe this was the best questions version.
and that the other questions just sucked.

I still want
some more info or scenes about Kevin Smith getting kicked out of one university though

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Rented it the other night and was completely shocked at how much I enjoyed all 3.5 hours of it.

I'm not a huge Kevin Smith fan, but I have a whole new respect for him after watching the DVD. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Definitely worth at least a rent.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
I concur with what everyone else said. I love his films, but this is delving into the real Kevin Smith. The stuff you usually only get glimpses from in his films. That's one of the reasons I really enjoy his Audio Commentaries.
He's not fake and hollywood, he's just a real guy. I hope they decide to release another one of these "Evening" type discs. Even if these were the most intresting questions, I'm sure even the ones they don't show are great.
Wish the 10th Anniversary edition of Clerks wasn't a year away. But Jersey Girl will keep my Kevin Smith fix at bay until then. Anyone know when that's supposed to open at the theaters? :)

Blu

Screenwriter
I LOVED the Prince story! That had to be the highlight of the set for me!
I took this to work and showed about 15 minutes of it on my laptop and they loved it!
This is a great set, it is nearly a stand up routine with his stories. Mr. Smith is a very good story teller and had my co workers just enthralled and laughing!

Gary_E

Second Unit
I agree. If you're a fan of his movies, this set is a must. There's some very funny stuff on those discs.

-Gary

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I love this set to death! I'm like Kev's biggest fan and I think Ive watched both discs like 5 times. So funny!

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I bought this one for myself thinking my wife wouldn't want to watch it. She thought it was hilarious and watched the whole thing.
Wondered how much his wife liked the "open sore on his penis story"?

Thanks so much for the Eggs! I tried but didn't find them
Grant

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Disc Two: From the Scene Selection menu, press up under the third chapter titled "Look Alikes". Kevin's glasses will highlight. Select.
Jantzen -This one is Disc one not two- I went to Disc 2 and then it dawned on me. Thanks a Million for finding them

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I was very happy to see myself on the DVD. You'll see me wearing the red "Vulgarians" jersey that Walt the Fanboy wears in "Mallrats" "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" and the deleted scene in "Chasing Amy" during the University of Wyoming footage.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Heard about this set last Sat night at 7:45, rushed over to BB and spent an hour in their "special interest" section (a real mess) searching, finally found their last copy. I sat up until 1am or so watching the entire thing and laughing my @ss off.

Giant Spiders, Polar Bears, Princeworld, and in Hollywood you fail up!

Can't wait to go back and try all those Easter Eggs!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks