What's new

International Eureka! Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some new Masters of Cinema titles from Eureka!, being released between August and December (source: Amazon UK):

(*) - Dual format steelbook also being released

August:

Ro.Go.Pa.G. (1963) - Monday 27th August (Dual Format Edition)
Rumble Fish (1983) - Monday 27th August (*)

September:

Cleopatra (1934) - Monday 24th September (Dual Format Edition) (*)

Das Testament des Dr. Mabuse (1933) - Monday 24th September (Dual Format Edition) (*)

Oedipus Rex (1967) - Monday 24th September (Dual Format Edition)
Soul Power (2008) - Monday 10th September (Dual Format Edition)

October:

Die Nibelungen (1924) - Monday 22nd October

November:

The Passion of Joan of Arc (Le Passion de Jeanne D'Arc) (1928) - Monday 12th November (*)

December:

Floating Weeds (1959) - Monday 3rd December (*)
Gate of Hell (1953) - Monday 3rd December (*).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some Eureka (Masters of Cinema) Blu-ray titles being released early next year (source: Amazon UK):

January 2013:

The Blue Angel (Der blaue angel) (1930) - Monday 28th January (Dual Format Edition)

Fear and Desire (1953) - Monday 28th January

February 2013:

City of Women (La citta delle donne / La cite des femmes) (1980) - Monday 25th February

La Poison (Poison) (1951) - Monday 25th February
Onibaba (1964) - Monday 25th February.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some Eureka (Masters of Cinema) Blu-ray titles being released in March and April next year (source: Amazon UK):

March 2013:

Le Beau Serge (Handsome Serge) (1958) - Monday 25th March
Les Cousins (The Cousins) (1959) - Monday 25th March
The Murderer Lives at 21 (1942) - Monday 18th March

April 2013:

La notte (The Night) (1961) - Monday 22nd April.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Keith Cobby said:
I have recently bought Eureka's release of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves on blu-ray. Picture quality on this 1944 Technicolor film is excellent and I recommend it.
I couldn't agree more!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter? a few days ago. This is an excellent BRD and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys satirical comedy. Only the images during the credit titles are less than superb. Once the titles are over, the picture quality is beyond serious criticism.

This does not mean that the credit title sequence should be ignored. Quite the contrary. The very first shot with the 20th Century Fox logo made me burst out laughing! I think other people will laugh too.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Eureka's latest Blu-ray disc, A Time To Love And A Time To Die, is fully up to their usual very high standards. The film may not be to everyone's taste but no-one will find fault with the disc. Even grain detectives will like it.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Second quarter 2014 announcement:Eureka Entertainment have announced via their twitter feeds (@eurekavideo and @mastersofcinema) their forthcoming releases in The Masters of Cinema series for the months of April, May and June 2014.The latest slate of films from Eureka!'s The Masters of Cinema Series brings together some of the most heralded masterpieces of the 20th century. Releases include Billy Wilder's Ace in the Hole (the follow-up to the great director's Sunset Boulevard, and a follow-up to Masters of Cinema's extremely successful releases of Wilder's Double Indemnity and The Lost Weekend); the great British director Lindsay Anderson's masterpiece If.... starring Malcolm McDowell; Robert Altman's most famous film, the epic classic Nashville, released for the first time on either Blu-ray or DVD in the UK; Boomerang!, an early work by the great realist/method director Elia Kazan just before he made such gargantuan classics such as A Streetcar Named Desire and On the Waterfront; Hal Ashby's provocative classic of the American 1970s Harold and Maude; and the independent master John Cassavetes' second feature Too Late Blues.Producer of the Masters of Cinema Series, Craig Keller stated “In April, we'll be continuing our run of bringing Billy Wilder's best work to the Series with a Dual Format (Blu-ray + DVD) edition of Ace in the Hole, an electrifyingly dramatic critique of society and the media starring Kirk Douglas in one of his very best roles in a career already filled with highlights. Also released in April is the long awaited Blu-ray UK debut of Lindsay Anderson's Palme d'Or-winning If...., which stars Malcolm McDowell in the role that made him famous, as the leader of a rebellious group of youths fighting back against the oppression of their boys' boarding school.May sees the long-awaited Dual Format (Blu-ray + DVD) debut of one of the great classics of the American screen: Robert Altman's stunning, freewheeling Nashville, an epic ensemble tour de force depiction of the Nashville music industry and American society at the end of the Sixties that is as hilarious as it is powerful. Another Dual Format (Blu-ray + DVD) edition comes in the form of Elia Kazan's 1947 noir-inflected crime drama Boomerang!, starring Dana Andrews and Lee J. Cobb in powerhouse performances anchoring a gritty procedural rife with murder and corruption.Hal Ashby's 1971 counter-culture comedy Harold and Maude arrives on Blu-ray this June, and tells the tale of the burgeoning relationship between a 20-year-old and an 80-year-old: it's a razor-sharp, and moving masterpiece that has become considered another of the great classics of the American screen. June also brings the first entry into the Series of a film by American master John Cassavetes in a Dual Format (Blu-ray + DVD) edition — his second-feature, the studio-backed Too Late Blues, which stars Bobby Darin as a jazz musician down on his luck; it's one of the most explosive films of the late studio era.”In addition to the new titles being added to the Masters of Cinema Series, Eureka! have also announced the blu-ray release in April of The War Lord, one of the finest historical adventures ever made and starring Charlton Heston and Richard Boone. May will see the release of Violent Saturday, a coolly riveting crime saga from director Richard Fleischer, available on blu-ray for the first time ever on home video. And June sees the home video release of The Rocket, the multi-award winning debut feature from Kim Mordaunt about a ‘cursed’ twin who guides his family to a new life in Laos. Released in cinemas on 14 March, The Rocket will be released on DVD and Blu-ray formats on 2 June 2014.Managing Director of Eureka Entertainment, Ron Benson added “The finest in world cinema abounds across these nine releases, supplemented as always with a spate of special features and extras, all presented with a meticulous attention to detail and design”

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
THE WAR LORD is a dream come true for me! This will be the first BD release anywhere in the world of this fabulous film and Eureka always does a great job. Can't wait!

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes, I have it. The specs thus far seem to indicate that Eureka's package is pretty much the same:

SPECIAL FEATURES:

Stunning high-definition master, with 4.0 and 2.0 soundtracks, on both Blu-ray and DVD
A new video examination of the making of the film by Nicolas Saada
A video appreciation by director William Friedkin

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I assume Too Late Blues will be the same transfer as Olive's Zone A locked disc. That was one of Olive's cleanest BRDs. I agree that Violent Saturday will probably the same as the excellent French disc.

I have mixed feelings about Ace In The Hole and Boomerang because their respective DVDs are really good. I'm not sure I'll upgrade even though I like both films a lot.

And yes, The War Lord is an immediate purchase.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Another enthusiastic vote for The War Lord, a big favourite from the sixties (& what a fantastic music score by Jerome Moross). This is squaring up to be a really good year for catalogue releases.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Billy Batson said:
Another enthusiastic vote for The War Lord, a bit favourite from the sixties (& what a fantastic music score by Jerome Moross).
You'll love the specs:

SPECIAL FEATURES-

[*]Gorgeous 1080p transfer the film in its original aspect ratio
[*]Optional English SDH
[*]Isolated music & effects track
[*]Original theatrical trailer
[*]More on disc extras to be announced close to release
[*]BOOKLET with a new essay, and rare archival imagery
[/list]

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
The Man Who Could Cheat Death and The Skull will be receiving separate blu-ray releases in September and October respectively. The former is one of my favourite Hammer films and I am really hopeful it has been restored so that I may retire my Legend edition. Less bothered about The Skull which I think looks satisfactory on the current blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks