What's new

"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" DVD - any word? (1 Viewer)

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
p.s.

"A smart, sexy and seriously funny comedy!"

wha??!?!?

that like the back of the box for 'American Psycho', calling the film a "sexy thriller". i almost fell over laughing reading that one.

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
p.s.

"A smart, sexy and seriously funny comedy!"

wha??!?!?

that like the back of the box for 'American Psycho', calling the film a "sexy thriller". i almost fell over laughing reading that one.

KyleG

Stunt Coordinator
Oi...film studios should run preliminary cover art by US...right here, in this forum. There are no bigger fans of DVDs...we should be pandered to. We should be the ones to reject or aprove cover art. We should be the ones who inform the studios of what kind of extras a film deserves. Because, looking at most of my DVDs...I'd have done a lot of rejecting.

KyleG

Stunt Coordinator
Oi...film studios should run preliminary cover art by US...right here, in this forum. There are no bigger fans of DVDs...we should be pandered to. We should be the ones to reject or aprove cover art. We should be the ones who inform the studios of what kind of extras a film deserves. Because, looking at most of my DVDs...I'd have done a lot of rejecting.

JonBoriss

Stunt Coordinator
I don't hate the cover art but that quote doesn't seem to fit the film. If I were going to do it I would remove the quote and put the title in its place. I never understand the use of quotes on a box. Like someone is going to walk by and see that random quote and decide to buy the film because of it. No, thats not how it works. If someone wants to see the film they will regardless of quotes, etc. But of course thats why I don't work at a film studio.

JonBoriss

Stunt Coordinator
I don't hate the cover art but that quote doesn't seem to fit the film. If I were going to do it I would remove the quote and put the title in its place. I never understand the use of quotes on a box. Like someone is going to walk by and see that random quote and decide to buy the film because of it. No, thats not how it works. If someone wants to see the film they will regardless of quotes, etc. But of course thats why I don't work at a film studio.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
That cover art is one of the worst I have ever seen. Universal often changes the artwork so hopefully it isn't final.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
That cover art is one of the worst I have ever seen. Universal often changes the artwork so hopefully it isn't final.

Joel C

Screenwriter
What a shocker, another hideous piece of art from Universal Focus.

$20 says the Canadian version will have the oridinal art, ala Far From Heaven, Pianist, Lost in Translation, ect.

Joel C

Screenwriter
What a shocker, another hideous piece of art from Universal Focus.

$20 says the Canadian version will have the oridinal art, ala Far From Heaven, Pianist, Lost in Translation, ect.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Great news on the DVD! Definitely gonna pick it up. The best film of 2004 so far.

I wouldn't count on it, since the other Kaufman DVDs (Malkovich, Adaptation) didn't have many extras.

That cover looks hideous though. I wish they used one of the theatrical posters. Ah well.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Great news on the DVD! Definitely gonna pick it up. The best film of 2004 so far.

I wouldn't count on it, since the other Kaufman DVDs (Malkovich, Adaptation) didn't have many extras.

That cover looks hideous though. I wish they used one of the theatrical posters. Ah well.

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.

Malkovich had quite a few extras. sure, they were all odd and had not too much to do with the film, but at least they were interesting, in a way.

in other news, i just found out that the film is coming back to my area, in a second-run movie house. time to go see it a 5th time...

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.

Malkovich had quite a few extras. sure, they were all odd and had not too much to do with the film, but at least they were interesting, in a way.

in other news, i just found out that the film is coming back to my area, in a second-run movie house. time to go see it a 5th time...

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit
Don't blame Focus. They were doing fine work in their former incarnation as USA Films before they were snapped up by Universal. They were including some appropriate supplements and using theatrical key art for their covers. They even licensed Traffic and In the Mood for Love to Criterion. Universal hasn't even seen fit to give Focus films inserts. Focus is still generating the most consistently high-quality films of the past few years (ESOTSM, Lost in Translation, 21 Grams, Far From Heaven, etc.), but they don't have any control over how Universal chooses to package and market their films.

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
DVD File just put up their blurb. i don't know if there will we 2 different dvd's, or P&S and Widescreen versions on one disc. I hope they don't kill the picture quality by trying to squeeze DTS and 2 versions of the film on one disc...

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Ugly cover art. :thumbsdown:

Brilliant movie. :emoji_thumbsup:

A definite addition to my collection and a lock to make my Top Ten of the Year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks