What's new

ESPN.com College Pigskin Pick'em 2002 (1 Viewer)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Week 8: big upset props go to Earl Johnson and Chris Wittry for correctly picking Arizona State.

We're at the midpoint of the season.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I'm slowly gaining ground on you... one bad pick and I've got you. Just ten little points. Something to think about before you gamble on another 85 point upset...

And Jeff is just two bad picks from taking both of us.

David Range

Agent
Bwahaha! I have begun my descent to the bottom of the leaderboard. What a crappy week. :angry:
There's always next week though. :D

Earl J

Stunt Coordinator
Bwahaha! I have begun my descent to the bottom of the leaderboard. What a crappy week.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Still got a whole half of football to catch up David. Heck, your Huskers can still make it to a decent bowl game if they get it together.

David Range

Agent
No way. Ain't gonna happen. Nebraska has to play Texas A&M(away game, guaranteed loss, 5 straight roadgame losses) Texas, K-State, Colorado, and Kansas. Of the above, I see only one win, possibly 2 if Simms chokes, which ain't likely considering he only seems to choke against top ten teams.:D Okie State ran the ball effectively against the Blackshirts on Saturday, I shudder to think of the numbers Colorado will hang on the Huskers. I don't expect Nebraska to win every game or wina MNC every year. I hope they'll show some life and not lose to sub .500 teams though. They seem lifeless and unable to make the turnaround. On a positive note, if the losses continue, perhaps I'll finally be able to get season tickets.
On to a different subject, did anyone expect Oklahoma to cream Iowa State the way they did? 70 yards total by State?
Don't be too surprised if I don't take the Huskers in the Pickem the rest of the way, except against Kansas, which, btw, is a home game. Homecoming actually. :D
All in all, I'm still doing much better on my picks than in years past. If I could just figure out the Pac 10 and SEC I'd be in much better shape.

Earl J

Stunt Coordinator
David, good luck figuring out the Pac 10. My alma mater, USC is a complete jeckle and hyde team. The conferece is the most balanced conference from top to bottom(just as Oregon), and don't be surprised if the conference champion has two conference losses this year.

Just a typical year in the wacky PAC 10. Bring on Oregon this week!!!!!! It's duck season baby!

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Week 9: serious upheaval on the leaderboard. I didn't have a good week but it was good enough. I've got a big target on my back now.
Check out the shift in the rankings:
Code:
1 W. Bundrick +1
 2 T. Maynard +3
 3 E. Johnson -2
 4 J. Amaris -1
 5 D. Range +1
 6 J. F +2
 7 j. white +0
 8 C. Sims -4
 9 J. Dhein +1
 10 C. Wittry -1
 11 J. Mack +0
 12 M. Dailey +0
I'm keeping my eye on you, Tim.
Joel Mack, how did you manage to get absolutely none of your picks?

David Range

Agent
Texas Tech does the impossible and puts me in second place for the week. :) Can they do it again next week against a much better defense? Can Michigan beat Ohio State? The signs of the Apocalypse are upon us, the Huskers are 7-5, the Seminoles are 8-3 and IOWA is 11-1! :D
What a great season!
David

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Reminder: this week includes Texas vs Texas A&M which is on Friday so the picks will lock at 12 noon EST on Friday.

Also, this is the last week of the game. It's your last chance to take the crown from my brow. But it looks like it won't be coming down to the wire this year and I will be serving another term as the HTF champion.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I don't think so. :D
But I will throw you a bone. I'm picking Georgia Tech over Georgia. Yeah, I know it's only 20 points. But as a card carrying graduate of Georgia Tech I am obligated at this time to say "To Hell With Georgia".
To Hell With Georgia
sung to the tune of the Georgia fight song a.k.a Battle Hymn of the Republic
Don't send my boy to MIT
The dying mother said,
Don't send my boy to Emory
I'd rather see him dead,
But send my boy to Georgia Tech
'Tis better than Cornell.
And as for the University of Georgia
I'd rather see him in hell!
To hell, to hell to hell with Georgia,
The cesspool of the South!
Mine eyes have seen the glory
Of the stomping of the Dogs
We will teach the poor dumb farmboys
They should stick to sloppin' hogs
When the Jackets are triumphant
There will be a mighty cheer
We'll do the same next year!
On the Field between the hedges
There arose a mighty stench,
In the Dogs' machine the engineers
Had thrown a monkey wrench.
When the Jackets are triumphant
We will raise a mighty yell,
Them Dogs can GO TO HELL!

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I decided to go for broke in an attempt to make it interesting.

It isn't working, unless the interesting part is seeing how many spots I can drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks