What's new

ER Season Premier (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
I've finally given up on ER.
i think i have too. i've been a fan since episode 1. i actually missed last season entirely, but diligently taped every episode, thinking i would get around to them. i didn't. i decided to watch last night's premiere and not much seemed to change from when i left off, except Romano lost his arm.

Mikhi Pfeiffer (sp?) is ANNOYING. he's am annoying version of Benton, and i forgot how annoying he was until he starts hitting on the new girl in the middle of a procedure. it was like an episode of 5th wheel or something.

the racist desk clerk is ANNOYING. is Frank his name? does he have ANY redeeming qualities? what demographic is he supposed to appeal to?!?!? before when there were alot of good characters and storylines going around, i didn't notice as much, but now this guy REALLY annoys me.

another thing is the 1st season on DVD makes one realize how great this show once was.

i might give ER 1 or 2 more eps, then maybe just wait until the seasons come out on DVD in a few years, or maybe not.

too bad, it was a great show once.

Shaun

Second Unit
I know Aint it Cool News isn't the most popular site around here for valid information, however, I thought they posted a spoiler review for the season stating that he Luka isn't dead. I can't find it on their site, but I'm sure they posted that.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
For argument's sake, if he was, why was Goran Visnijc (or however you spell it) still in the opening credits?
Same reason they sometimes didn't list the actors that played CSM or Krycek on The X-Files when they appear at the very end of the episode: it's a surprise.

That said, I doubt he's dead; just more cheap manipulation.

//Ken

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
Well I got spoiled after reading EW's Fall TV Preview. A producer states that Luka and Carter become buds after the trip to Africa so unless they changed their minds, he's not dead.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
I really hope Luka's not gone, I like his character, despite his womanizing antics/plot line lately.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
why was Goran Visnijc (or however you spell it) still in the opening credits?
It has been known that actors that still will appear in ER still remain in the credits, despite their status. For example. When Malucci was fired, he still remained in the credits for the next episode for only like 5 seconds of screentime when he was cleaning out his locker. I think Anthony Edwards remained in the credits for the Episode before the one where he died even though he wasn't in it at all. You remain in the credits until you character is completely gone. Maybe next week, Luka will appear in flashbacks or something and then he will be gone for good. I think it is a hoax though as it surely would have been known by now if he was leaving the show for good

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I love how ER always stages a horrific car crash right OUTSIDE the ER!!

These guys have seen so many car crashes out near the yard...they looked almost bored walking back into the ER.

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
From what I've read, Luka is not dead, but comes back with some third world disease...
have to wait and see. ER has lost a lot of its punch, but still better than most of the crap being served up. What happened to Anthony Edwards??? Is he working behind the camera now, haven't seen any sign of him since his departure.

(Admin note - spoiler text added, please use them for expounding on future developments)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anthony Edwards next project is in post production: The Thunderbirds (live action), which is due out in the summer of 2004.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Luka isn't dead. I was watching E news and they were showing a preview of an upcoming episode and Luka was shown

Chris Baucom

Stunt Coordinator
I'm also a fan since the beginning and have about given up on the show.

A couple of things irk me about ER over the past few seasons.

1. The extreme over-the-top promotional strategy NBC has adopted. Every episode is promoted as though it is the be all end all episode. I think the promo at the end of the last episode said this week's show would be "legendary".

2. Is it just me or are the people on this show socially disfunctional to the point of it being unbelievable. Who acts like that. Think about it, these people never talk to each other like normal coworkers.

Still watching for now........

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I'm giving ER two more shows to keep me watching. The writing has simply detoriated so badly that it's an exercise in frustration to watch. The woman and kids in the beginning of the show were given a LOT of screen time, and then we never even find out what happens to the kids! And I've ranted here quite a bit about the utter lack of consistent characterization.

What makes my impatience with the show now is watching season 1 on DVD. What a difference. I'm surprised by how much of the staff's personal lives we see (more than I thought) but there's a good balance between medicine and melodrama, and the characters, for the most part, feel real.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks