What's new

ER season 13 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
ER returns for its 13th season (where did all those years go?) on NBC, and they left us with a bullet-riddled cliffhanger in last season's finale.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, it was a pretty raw season opener dealing with the aftermath from the shootout of Sam's psycho husband and his pals.

While the Sam subplot was starting to drag, the ending was more than welcomed, 2 years too late, though.

All the rage from the day's events within Luka finally caught up to him and Abby's premature delivery and resulting condition were just too much.

Neelah saves the day for Jerry, who'll decide he needs to take that Alaskan vacation after all (see "Men in Trees).

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
The Sam subplot i kept thinking to myself 'they need to end this NOW!' I liked how it ended it was the only way it could end. It was predictable yet done the only way it could be done.

As for the Baby in Jeopardy is a staple of ER and quite frankly it's gotten old. That baby needs to live and Abby and Jerry will be ok stop teasing us Writers.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
To quote Nurse Betty (actually Morgan Freeman's character in that movie):

"3 in the head and you know they're dead."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not a bad episode filled with major changes in the ER:

Kovach almost gets fired, but Weaver uncharacteristically does the right thing and gets demote for it.

John Stamos comes onboard as a intern, but not after saving Neelah from some bar hoodlum looking to prey on her chasing of her pain away with booze.

Morris begs and begs for his job back, and is finally rewarded with his efforts.

Abby's wacky mom shows up, and brings a bit more stress to the premature baby situation for Abby and Kovach. But her diligence ends up saving the day after the baby is submitted to experimental drug trials and develops complications.

Shaun

Second Unit
Not a bad episode.

Looks like they're sticking with the new opening to the show, not even showing the cast credits. The old James Newton Howard theme music has been replaced.

It seems they're still trying to find a suitable replacement for Clooney and it looks like they've found one in John Stamos (lady charmer, rule breaker, butting heads with authority, etc.). Although it was kinda strange seeing Uncle Jesse kicking ass.

I'm really starting to like Morris. The guy get's funnier all the time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Morris has always been funny, it was his competence that seemed suspect.

I think the change in opening credits was to facilitate the revolving door of cast changes by just adjusting the names in the opening after the 1st commercial break.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Or to allow for more commercial time. I think dropping the credits sequence was a huge mistake. :thumbsdown:

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Thats the thing about Morris that always bothered me....was they made him seem so incompetent. And to make him chief resident to boot. He can be a jerk, a goof-off...but, he should be at least medically competent.

I was watching Shark...Can someone clue me into what happened on last nights episode??

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
ER has always been a show I somewhat follow but I haven't been an avid watcher for a few seasons (at least) now. I do follow enough to know the cast pretty well, but my wife asked a question and I did not know the answer. What happened to Abby's brother? Thanks!

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Though, yes, he is presently starring in Save IRL.
In the course of the show, his character went manic, took a single engine airplane out and crashed it

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/12/06

Morris has absolutely no subtlety in his psychological makeup. Good scrap at the soccer game.

Abby finds some enlightening stories while posing as a nanny among nannies. Definitely need to bump up the number of nanny-cams if you employ them. :)

Gates is hounded by Pratt, but manages to bring some innovation to the ER. His homelife is a bit complicated, being the live-in boyfriend, and also on the make with Neelah.

Neelah finds out how much Gallant was worth to the army. She also manages to impress with a trach in spite being relegated to scrub duty for surgeons. Her friend Kate was cute, perhaps Ray will hit it soon.

Anyhow a decent balance of the ER cases and the revolving subplots of the doctors and interns.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I wasn't paying enough attention, or maybe missed something from an earlier episode: what exactly was Morris's relationship to the kid at the soccer game? He claimed to be the father, and since his mom seems to be in a gay relationship, was he the sperm donor or something? If so, how did he and the kid get into contact?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Morris was a sperm donor in his younger years, and so far his sperm has hit the target on 5 eggs (I think it was 5), and somehow Morris was able to find these kids he "fathered" thorugh the sperm bank records.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

Actually, there was an episode last season where all the kids snuck off from their homes and came to Morris at County. At least one of the kids had red hair.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I remember them showing up at the ER, forgot they all got together (how did they get the records of sperm donor?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks