1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Epson 8700 UB

Discussion in 'Displays' started by mmajors, Dec 2, 2011.

1. mmajors

mmajors Auditioning

i have a new dedicated media room - no windows and walls and ceiling are beige. room is 18' by 14'. Wanting to use the epson 8700UB - any advice on what screen to get. Also, any advice on Definitive Technology versus Martin Logans? Total home thater budget is about $8500. Thanks.

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    huge number of options. what size of screen do you want ? Will you always be watching with no ambient lighting ? I have always really liked SVSound speakers (if you are on a budget). If you have no budget, then I recommend looking at Atlantic Technology stuff.

3. mmajors

mmajors Auditioning

Most of the time I'll watch movies with no ambient light but I imagine we'll watch sports some with the door open so there could be some ambient light. I'm looking at 100 or 106" screens. Speaker budget is about $3000-$3500.

4. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    cool, at that size of screen you will have a nice image brightness (some people seem to think they can do 120 plus inches). Carada, makes some decent stuff that is not unreasonably priced. Get the neutral white, with a bit of gain. Lots of speaker options. for online: Axiom, or SVSound.