What's new

Epson 6020 (1 Viewer)

shortview

Auditioning
Real Name
John Rigdon
I just had to redo my home theater due to lightning strike. I went with this projector. It replaced a 7 year old Marantz DLP. The old projector was getting dark, prob due to bulb age but the picture was crystal clear. This image is so bright, it looks grainy. It's in focus, but its like you can see the reflective dots in the screen. Not so bad on the dark screens, but when it goes to a light or white subject the image looks like a cheap TV. Any thoughts?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Do you have a high gain screen? The 6020 puts out a fair amount of light - but nothing you can't calibrate around. First off - ensure the lamp is in economic mode. That will drop light output considerably. Next - adjust contrast.brightness using Spears&Munsil, Avia, DVE whichever you can get access to. Finally -failing all that, you can get a ND (Neutral Density) filter meant for cameras and put it in front of the lens which can reduce light output by multiples.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I thought the 6020 was only sold and installed by dealers? Did a dealer install it John? If so, they should come back and fix this for you.

shortview

Auditioning
Real Name
John Rigdon
Yes, dealer installed. I will have to call them on Monday. I was just hoping to be able to do something myself before the Daytona 500 on Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks