1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Epson 5020 problem help!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by arjunsud, Jan 17, 2013.

1. arjunsud

arjunsud Well-Known Member

Hi I just got a brand new Epson 5020. It was working fine for a few days but i was watching Tron 3D today and it randomly just shut off? I disconnected it for 30 minutes and still nothing . Checked the power connection and its connected properly. Projector wont turn on and no lights. During the movie aprox 1hr and 30 mins in it just turned off? Please Help!

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Well-Known Member

Jim
    I would call Epson ASAP!! It sounds like a defective unit.

3. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    As long as you bought it authorized, you have a warranty.

4. Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton Ambassador

Jason Charlton
    That sort of thing is not unheard of, in fact it happened to me, too. The first Mitsubishi projector I got died after about 30 minutes of use. I had purchased the projector through projectorpeople.com and got in touch with them immediately. They sent a replacement unit right away and a shipping label for me to return the defective unit direct to Mitsubishi. The process was easy and pain-free and I have not had any problems with the second unit in nearly 6 years of use (I'm on my second bulb).

5. arjunsud

arjunsud Well-Known Member

Thank you guys !!! I really appreciate the help!! It turned on after about an hour actually . I suspect that it overheated? I'm going to give it 1 more go to see if it happens again and if so , off to epson it shall go!

6. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    dont worry about it. (as long as you are under warranty). I sell a TON of Epson projectors and they give best in class customer service.