What's new

Epson 5020 problem help! (1 Viewer)

arjunsud

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arjun Sud
Hi I just got a brand new Epson 5020. It was working fine for a few days but i was watching Tron 3D today and it randomly just shut off? I disconnected it for 30 minutes and still nothing . Checked the power connection and its connected properly. Projector wont turn on and no lights. During the movie aprox 1hr and 30 mins in it just turned off? Please Help!

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
That sort of thing is not unheard of, in fact it happened to me, too. The first Mitsubishi projector I got died after about 30 minutes of use. I had purchased the projector through projectorpeople.com and got in touch with them immediately. They sent a replacement unit right away and a shipping label for me to return the defective unit direct to Mitsubishi. The process was easy and pain-free and I have not had any problems with the second unit in nearly 6 years of use (I'm on my second bulb).

arjunsud

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arjun Sud
Thank you guys !!! I really appreciate the help!! It turned on after about an hour actually . I suspect that it overheated? I'm going to give it 1 more go to see if it happens again and if so , off to epson it shall go!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
dont worry about it. (as long as you are under warranty). I sell a TON of Epson projectors and they give best in class customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.