1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ep4 blu-ray lightsaber duel blobs!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by clubjunkie, Nov 14, 2011.

1. clubjunkie

clubjunkie Auditioning

So i have watched episodes 1-3 on blu-ray and found no issues. Then i get to Episode 4 and a few weird things happen. The opening crawl changes from yellow to orange and back again. luke's lighsaber as he trains with the remote on the falcon has jagged edges. then the lightsaber duel comes and i see a lot of this... [​IMG] [​IMG] Has anyone else seen this...? (Sorry about the poor quality, they are just taken with a camera as i had no way to get a screenshotof the playback) thanks.

2. clubjunkie

clubjunkie Auditioning

Just watched ESB: Openign crawl same issue. THe light saber fight on dagobah likewise blobs but thankfully not on the main fight.

3. Geoff_D

Geoff_D Supporting Actor

The lightsaber 'blobs' have always been there, only not quite so prominent due to the darker, flatter look of previous home video versions.

4. clubjunkie

clubjunkie Auditioning

youre kidding me! wow. I never saw them before even on an up-scaled DVD on the same (pretty good) TV. Thanks for the reply.

5. clubjunkie

clubjunkie Auditioning

interesting, moviepas. this was fine at load time, just freaked out like this during the saber fight. but to me it definitely looks like an error on the source, not with the playback.