What's new

Eosone RFS 1000 (1 Viewer)

powerlord

Agent
Real Name
mark
I'm going to look at a pair of these tomorrow,I've read reviews and they seem to be good ones,could use some more opinions on them though,he wants 500 for the pair and they are in very good shape from the pics he sent.I have a Pioneer Elite 07TX reciever and I am always looking for a good reason not to have to run a seperate sub,and I saw these and thought hell,with two sets of powered tens in each that should take care of the bass.What should I expect? Thanks in advance!

powerlord

Agent
Real Name
mark
Ok for future reference,since nobody seems to know about these here,they are monsters!They aren't far from 5ft. tall and after hearing these in a living room 15x17 ft. I can't believe I got them for 500.00 and the bass is alot tighter than I expected after reviews saying they were boomy.I didn't think my Elite would be enough for them and I can see they could use more clean power.These are my first so called high end speakers,I've owned infinity reference speakers,DCM's,JBL,and Cerwin Vega's,But these are beautiful sounding.I think I'll buy another pair.:)

Edwin_D

Grip
Glad to hear you like your RSF 1000's. I have a pair of their smaller siblings, the RSF 400's. I have had them for 8 years, and have really enjoyed them. I also have the matching center channel. I would have pulled the trigger on the 1000's back then if I could have afforded them.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Those are nice speakers! But since the woofers are self-powered, unless that big Elite is really underpowered it should be able to operate the rest of the drivers with no problems unless the speakers are placed in a huge room (if they're in that 15X17ft room, I definitely wouldn't worry about this issue!).

btw: I'll bet the "boominess" issue came up because they weren't placed well or the woofers' level controls were set too high.

powerlord

Agent
Real Name
mark
Your right Lance,the Elite has no problem.Do you guys know where i might find an owners manual for these?

eao

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
Where did you find them? I've been loooking for a pair myself near the D/FW area.

powerlord

Agent
Real Name
mark
I found mine here local,and there was a pair that just sold for 499.00 on ebay in mississippi.I have a whole set now and I love them,they deliver with authority now with my Marantz SR-18 which is a beast to say the least.I found all the replacement speakers and amps on ebay so I have a set of Eosones for life now.Don't really see a reason to upgrade with my budget.When you think about it though price wise this speaker system new would have been close to 4500.00.If you find some RSF1000's don't think,jump!

eao

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out on ebay. I currently have a pair of the RSF600's, but I'd like to own a pair of the 1000's. I couldn't afford the 1000's when Best Buy had them 9-10 years ago.

powerlord

Agent
Real Name
mark
How do you like your 600's? Eosones are hard to find,all owners must love them because you never see them for sale.I've been trying different speakers to see what sounds comparable to the 1000's and I'd put them up against any pair in the $2500.00 price range.I have all the replacement drivers and amps for mine and I plan on keeping these new for a long time.Your 600's should be real close to being as brutal as the 1000's.I'll keep my eyes open for you on the 1000's.

eao

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
I like the 600's a lot, but the speakers have to be cranked up a little loud to get loud bass. I really liked how the 1000's sounded, but couldn't afford them back when Best Buy sold them. I could have gotten them back then for around $1100 on discount, but that was too much $$ for me at the time. So I had to settle for the 600's, which were about 1/2 that price of the 1000's.

They seem really well built and I haven't had any problems w/ them at all.

Thanks

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
The old Eosone speakers were some value killers. They were designed by none other than Arnie Nudell. I don't recall exactly, but I believe that Mr. Schifter of AV123 had a hand in bringing those to life (manufacturing) as an exclusive line/brand for Best Buy. Small world indeed...

powerlord

Agent
Real Name
mark
I read the history of Eosone and Polk and it's quite interesting.Seems the Eosone towers were priced to high for average everyday Best buy consumers so they were discontinued.Then due to lengthy lawsuits by Polk against copyright infringement companies they dug a grave for the specialty speakers which in many peoples opinion might have grown to a real strong reference series audiophile grade speaker.They are excellent for HT.You can get floor shaking bass from the RSF1000's by themselves.They are a little bright up top though.

Jacob C

Second Unit
I remember hearing those years ago and liking them a lot. Its been too long to compare them to speakers I've listened to lately but at the time I was very impressed. Especially when you compared them to everything else at BB at the time.

stevethe4th

Auditioning
Real Name
steve
hello there!! just reading the eosone forum here, and have one important question...WHERE CAN I FIND REPLACEMENT DRIVERS???

I accidentally popped a hole in my front 8" driver in the 600's, and can't find replacements anywhere

thanks for your help!

Steve T>
720-318-8863
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks