What's new

Entourage: Season Four (1 Viewer)

RichardK

Second Unit

I noticed this too...

On my comment about E being pu**y, mostly just referring to that particular episode. He has sacked up and showed a pair on Walsh and Ari for sure.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I too thought this was a pretty weak episode. One of the very few eps where I didn't laugh out loud once.

I do need to watch it again though. I got interrupted by the kids getting out of bed twice and missed a few minutes. I didn't see the "package in the trunk" scene.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a pretty good episode. Not the best, but at least there was some focus back on Ari for the first time this season. That's always a good thing in my book. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Look, E is being a pussy because whether it got accepted at Cannes or not, a good deal that cashes them out at $25M settles their debts. And with any sort of back end, they are covered. Going to Cannes with a film he thinks is "eh" is just a potential disaster. Take the bird in the hand rather then hope for the one in the bush, and get your man on to the next more profitable role. That's where E is such a crappy manager, and where Ari was dead on..

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
No way.. E's pussification is directly related to fear of Harvey. He's thinking that they'll shop it at Cannes and make big money too. I saw nothing to indicate that he wanted to keep the deal with Harvey and take the money.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
That's what I'm saying: E now believes he'll shop the film at Cannes to make big money. But he's a crappy manager for thinking that. He should stick by his guns and stand up to his man and say "we need the GD money.." and take the deal. Forget standing up to Harvey.. E has NO ability to stand up to his supposed "client"

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
$25m is a pretty bad offer though. Unless they are receiving some back end gross points, and there wasn't an indication of that, $25m doesn't cover what the coked out producer guy gave them to make the movie. That's why I didn't get the deal in the first place, it screws the producer out of any chance of seeing his money back, and Vince isn't going to see the $4m he put into the script. I wouldn't think it would even be possible for E to make a deal to sell without the Executive Producer's involvement.

In fact, if the writers were really on their toes, the movie might be considered one of "coke guy's" assets, and any transactions involving it would be subject to court approval.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Anyone know what's with the ad for Medellin that's been showing on HBO? They make it sound like they're actually developing the movie starring Vince lol.

Is it a prank or what? If so it isn't funny because I would actually like to see Medellin come to fruition as a real movie.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Exactly Brook. Technically, the whole situation is some sort of a dream. Eric has no right to sell without the Exec Prod and Harvey would know that. He wouldn't consider anything a done deal unless everyone was involved and there was something in writing.

Obviously, there was nothing in writing...so, I guess Harvey is as much of an idiot as Eric. And, you're also right that $25 mil is a joke, since the film cost at least $34 mil to make.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was the weakest ep of the season. I'm really pretty tired of all things Walsh.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I liked this one, finally gets back to Ari doing what Ari does best. Finally gave Lloyd something to do too.

Legionnaire's Disease?! :D

Drama's grand entrance on set was hilarious, but I wonder if they're going to have him end up getting kicked off the show because of the pot or if that will just be another one-time thing.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
IMO, this is all we will see of this movie. I assumed the trailer is like the "Making of Cleaver" documentary that aired on HBO during the last season of The Sapranos.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

You and me both, I just want to actually jump into the show and kick his teeth in, he's a grating eccentric asshole and i've had enough of him, I so wanted E to give him a real beat down when they finally got into it last night.

But it looks like we're stuck with him for another movie which translates to him probably turning up pretty regularly through the rest of the season. :frowning:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Better than last weeks, but not as good as the first few.

Llyod and Ari came in at just the right time - I was missing them.

I think S5 will be the last.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
If we get a lot more Walsh centered episodes, I'll bail. He's just a character I can't care about, and it's so goof-ball and annoying that stupid that it's hard to watch..

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I love the Walsh character, but I also have to admit that I don't care for the direction the show has taken these last few episodes with the whole E vs Walsh thing. I find myself longing for the days when it's just the four guys hanging out. When was the last time we had a story line with all four of them involved?

And E trying to sell off the movie was just lame.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For a second, I thought E and Walsh were putting on an act for the writer at the restaurant, especially after Walsh takes off his shirt and has that massive Medellin tattoo on his back, perhaps to be caught in the act by would-be photographers in an effort to drum up some buzz about the movie. I was expecting E to clue Vince in on it on the ride out, but then we get the call from Ari, and the rest of the forced "3 Amigos" angle.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Ever since the boys moved out of the last house it's been this way, everyone is too spread out. E lives with Sloan (where is she anyway?), Drama got his own pad and Vince lives in a hotel as far as I can tell, and I lost track of where Turtle is staying.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks