What's new

Entourage: Season Four (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
GOD! It felt like two weeks. I thought I wouldn't last.

I'm very excited for season 4 to start tonight.
And see all the trials and troubles of filming Medellin

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
This is the only show on my current summer viewing slate(not counting Rescue Me which I'm DVR'ing as I'm not caught up on last season yet). Looking forward to seeing what season 4 has in store for these guys. :emoji_thumbsup:

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Two things. Sofia Vergara is insanely hot and Medellin looks like a movie I would really like to see. :emoji_thumbsup:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Pretty funny episode. Drama's line at the end was priceless and Walsh stole the show. I just hope they don't overuse Walsh in these episodes. I liked that they used the cold open for the episode too.

I could nitpick about the documentary (some of the scenes were more from an episode than a documenatry and who the hell would interview an agent for a documentary?) but I won't. :)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
But I will!

I don't think the idea to do the episode as a "behind the scenes" doc was great. More than a few things seemed forced, and it made the characters look more ridiculous than they normally appear. I can buy that they behave a certain way in private, but being interviewed or filmed, they certainly would be more guarded. I would have bought it more if say, Turtle was making the documentary. Not a complete failure, but a misstep.

This could have been interesting done straight and spread out to two episodes.

:laugh: My favorite part, by far!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm new to the Entourage phenominon having caught up on the first three seasons over the course of the past few months and i'm so hooked, without a doubt one of the coolest shows to ever come along (don't get me started on Jeremy Piven, my God that man utters comedy gold with every breath he takes :laugh:) and next to Curb Your Enthusiasm is also one of the funniest shows! :cool:

It was a nice change of pace I thought to actually get into the production of one of Vince's films instead of only hearing about it later and Medellin is actually a movie that I would like to see.

I agreed with Billy's call, as much as I think he's a crazy f**k lol, the first dallies looked very pedestrian, too clean somehow, but Vince in that make-up looked wild, couldn't recognize him lol.

Onto next week as our boys reap the fruits of their venture, hopefully the film does well.

"Let's kill all these mother fuckers!" :laugh: I love Drama. :laugh:

One thing I noticed since getting into the show, is it hard for anyone else to see either a Kevin Dillon or Adrian Grenier movie and not immediately think your watching one of Vincent Chase' or Johnny Drama' movies lol? I saw Poseidon again recently and thought to myself "sweet, Drama got himself a part in Poseidon!" ;)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
That seemed to something right out of Arrested Development. Don't get me wrong, I too thought it was a great scene.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Terrific episode, Drama had most of the best lines especially the handjob line and the capper at the end. Vince's make-up was too much. :D

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Interesting... I read it the other way - the joke being that Billy is so whacked out that he was willing to fire a DP that was doing amazing work. I thought that sequence they showed with the kid and the soccer ball was so slick and had such perfect tension that you were supposed to think it was done just right.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

An adaptation of "Killing Pablo" would be great, but the movie Billy's making seems to glamorize Escobar.

And just a nit, but aren't dailies supposed to be raw footage, not edited-together sequences like we saw.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

Right, but a produced documentary might give you the edited footage. I think I even remember some background music. Of course, they didn't really adhere to the documentary presentation anyway so it's probably fruitless to nit pick. :)

Overall, I was glad to see it back, but the documentary didn't grab me. As others said, Billy and Drama were so far over the top the humor was missing. Has HBO told us how many episodes we're getting in S4?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I think they were going for a Scarface type of feel where the point was to glamorize him a little, and given Billy's eagerness to show gallons of spattering blood I think that's accurate, at the very least it seems like a film that would appeal to the same audience. I don't know much about the guy but he seemed like he was a real evil dude.

About the dallies I know lol, as I was watching them film the big ending I was thinking that it looks remarkably like a finished scene, but in real life the explosions would have been filmed and the close-ups of the running and shooting soldiers would be shot seperately.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
At first I did not think I would like how this episode was presented, but I loved it.

Sofia was freaking hot, but she's lost a bit of what she used to be...and Drama was a riot as always...I laughed for about 10 mins straight after that last scene.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I loved how they did this episode in a documentary style.
Also loved the cold opening.

Interesting to see how this movie does. Me thinks it's not going to be smooth sailing.

Yes, dailies are suppose to be raw footage. When I was on the Con-Air film set, I got to see a bunch of dailies, and it was indeed raw footage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks