What's new

Entourage: Season Five (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wow, a Marky Mark appearance. Funny slag on "The Truth about Charlie".

Looks like Vince hit rock bottom professionally and decided the only direction for him is up, up, up.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I thought last night's ep was one of the stronger ones in a while. Good funny stuff with the guys. It also moved some plot lines along -- Vince needs a comeback, E gets new clients, Drama gets single. I didn't like bringing the virgin singer back, but maybe she'll be a good complication. Loved Turtle pushing hard to get action. Cameos by Tony Bennett and Marky Mark and a return of Carla Gugino.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
It's funny how Vince's career path is turning out to be not that dissimilar from Drama's. Both not tremendously great actors who enjoyed some success, but blew it by their attitudes alienating pretty much everyone in the business. As a "regular" guy, it always pissed my off watching Vince do virtually everything in his power to blow his ride. Thank God that Ari finally gave it to him straight and now Vince is finally, supposedly willing to put his "On my terms" attitude aside.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I think a lot of what Vince did in the past was admirable, even though it was horrible for his career. He just didn't want to play that Hollywood "game" (which is all it is). And I always admired how he would tell the fellas, "What's the worse that could happen? We go back to Queens and live the way we did before we got here."

In this episode, I did enjoy Ari's candor with Vince about how he's not a good actor. I had to wonder if Jeremy Piven was actually talking to Adrien Grenier in that scene. ;)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, from a certain standpoint he is admirable and generous and being "all about his boys." The show has to give him some traits to make him likable. But also from a certian standpoint, he's more of a typical "young, Hollywood douchebag" then he may think. Up until this point, he's pretty much had a "Fuck what anybody else thinks" attitude espicially to the people who are trying to help him the most, and it may have ruined his career. Like I said, at least for me, who would kill for a taste of the life he leads, it's been painful watching him sabotage his own career like this for so long. Yeah, he doesn't want to "play the game" but putting himself in the game and then refusing to play it just seems stubborn. Most careers has a "game" that needs to played in order to win favor.

On another note, and I'll preface this by saying I'm far from being a political correctness stickler. But I'm surprised I haven't seen any complaints about this show for how incredibly misogynistic it seems. It seems like 95% of the females that apper on the show might as well be complete walking vaginas. It doesn't bother me so much. But with all the complaints people lodge at TV shows and movies, I'm surprised it hasn't come up.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

I think it's mostly due to the fact that the show is on HBO which has for the most part been immune to the "PC police" in the past. Look at how vulgar, mysogynistic, homophobic and violent The Sopranos was and it only ruffled the feathers of one group(the Italian anti-defamation league) in 7 seasons on the air. Personally, I'm glad there's still a network on the air like HBO that doesn't have to play by the rules and allows an "anything goes" attitude with its' shows. :emoji_thumbsup:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to hope that no one would be offended by the show since I think their only intent is to be a fun time for (primarily) guys. It would be like me getting offended by negative depictions of men on Sex And The City.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Me too. And like I said, I'm not bothered or anything like that. I just found it strange that it never seems to come up. For example, sometime I say un P.C. things about women to my wife (nothing horrible of course, mostly stuff in the vein of the things that many men complain about women. Like I'll say something like "all you women are alike" and she'll get mad at me) but she doesn't say anything about Entourage where practially every woman on the show is just there for Vince to bang.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I loved this episode
Unlike a Virgin

Loved how Mark Walberg dissed his own movie
"Truth About Charlie"
That movie was incredibly bad.

and It was great when Ari told Lloyd to pull the plug on the film
as you can see that Ari was really bored by the movie he was watching.
And then gave a fake complaint about how he wanted the projector fixed.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
It has Thandie Newton, so there's that. It's also a remake of ""Charade", starring Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. If I remember correctly, the original movie is included as an extra in the DVD package.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Drama's projectile vomit on the cake brought it all home. I'm not sure what I thought of Ari's crossing of swords with Davies, on one hand, sure, it added to Ari's reckless blowhard persona, on the other hand, it was far too juvenile to take seriously on other levels.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
TravisR,

See Charade first. An incredible movie.
then see The Truth About Charlie which completely embarrasses Charade movie.

Episode 3
The All Out Fall Out
was great.
Lots of great moments.
I agree that Drama's puke on the sweet 16 cake really brought it home.
Loved Ari and Davie's juvenile pranks on each other.
I really thought Ari was going to trash the new Ferrari.
And the boner patrol moment was very funny.

And I found Fran Drescher to be quite pleasant and not so annoying.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Solid episode last night, reminiscent of the ones from the premiere season.

Carla Gugino somehow gets hotter and hotter.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I'm a week behind so I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but I loved last week with Ari vs. Davies. That car chase was very well done(man, I'd kill for that Ferrari F430 Spider) and Ari bitch-slapping Davies in front of his whole staff was priceless. Drama puking on the cake was..........well, a form of icing on the cake I guess.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Interesting ep. I didn't think it was particularly funny, but the conflict they set up between E and his other clients v. Vince is one of the first real dilemmas the characters have ever faced. They all want to do what is right for everybody, and right for themselves, and right for the people they represent, but you can't have everything. I'm crossing my fingers that this works. I thought they might have run out of "four dudes banging around LA" light ideas. This may work. I never thought much of Grenier or Connelly as actors, but this will give them a chance to actually show something. Hope it works. Might also put Ari, Drama and Turtle back into supporting roles where they shine. I like them as much as anyone, but don't think they are as funny in the over the top heavy doses we've gotten the last two seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks